Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Happy New Year Song

  • Vicki L. Almstrum
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
      What a lovely tribute to Moosiegirl and the Outlaw! Barb, you
      invariably amaze with your beautifully designed stanzas for any and
      all situations!!

      I vote to appoint Tygress to the honored and highly coveted
      position of Poet Laureate of Central Texas Geocaching!

      Happy New Year -- Gott Nytt År!!

      -- Vicki
    • iris9
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
        Happy New Year everyone!!!

        Great way to start the new year with your wonderful poem. May I add
        my thanks to them also, and to all the others in this wonderful group
        who have helped and encouraged us. As you said so poetically Barb -
        the most important thing about caching is the friends you make.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barb Jernigan
        <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

        > A New Year's song for Moosiegirl and Outlaw and all those who lend
        > assistance to the lost in the field:
        >
        > Should our cache senses be for naught,
        > And never come to mind
        > Should we stand flummoxed at the spot
        > We can call the Cache Hot Line
        > Just call the Cache Hot Line, my dears,
        > Just call the Cache Hot Line --
        > We'll take whatever hint we can
        > And call the Cache Hot Line.
        >
        > We've shook the cedar, rearranged the rocks,
        > With the lampskirt -- indecency
        > But still the cache from sight is blocked
        > It's DNF for me
        > But I'll call the Cache Hot Line, my friends
        > I'll call the Cache Hot Line.
        > We'll take whatever hint we can
        > And call the Cache Hot Line.
        >
        > Whether standing in an Urban Square
        > Or wrapped in green-briar vine
        > When exhausted every search -- I swear!
        > Time to call the Cache Hot Line.
        > I'll call the Cache Hot Line, no fear!
        > I'll call the Cache Hot Line.
        > We'll take whatever hint we can
        > And call the Cache Hot Line.
        >
        > So when your senses go astray
        > And you're certain you've gone blind
        > Remember what the rest of us do
        > And call the Cache Hot Line.
        > You'll call the Cache Hot Line, my friends
        > It's really not a foul.
        > We'll ALL take any hint we can
        > To stave off DNF howl.
        >
        > Let's raise our cups across the miles
        > Cheer gratitude devine
        > For them who see us from blues to smiles
        > Yes, our beloved Cache Hot Line.
        > We'll call the Cache Hot Line, my dears,
        > We'll call the Cache Hot Line.
        > We'll take whatever hint we can
        > And call the Cache Hot Line.
        >
        > Happy New Year! And thank you thank you thank you thank you....
        >

        > @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
        > P.S.
        >
        > Happy New Year to EVERYONE!
        > May your caches always bear smileys
        > And greenbriar be blunt in the tooth
        > May your journeys show you the wonders
        > And understand that geocache truth
        > That the treasure is not in the swag
        > Nor the numbers -- though they can be fine
        > But in the tales of remorse and big brag
        > And the great geofriends -- yours and mine.
        >
        > Tygress

      • A Allen (SEMIK)
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
          Hear! Hear! I agree with Vicki about our Poet Laureate! And our
          Thanks go to Moosiegirl and The Outlaw as well. You guys always blush
          at the praises, but we do appreciate the effort you take to keep our
          geocaching spirits high!

          Audra and Matthew
          semik and mda_taz

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Vicki L. Almstrum"

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2008
            =blush=

            Just remember, Poets Laureates like de VERSEified company!

            Hop in, the words are fine!

            On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 14:16:05 -0000 "A Allen (SEMIK)"
            <al_allen327@...> writes:
            > Hear! Hear! I agree with Vicki about our Poet Laureate! And our
            > Thanks go to Moosiegirl and The Outlaw as well. You guys always
            > blush
            > at the praises, but we do appreciate the effort you take to keep our
            >
            > geocaching spirits high!
            >
            > Audra and Matthew
            > semik and mda_taz
            >
            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Vicki L. Almstrum"
            > <almstrum@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > What a lovely tribute to Moosiegirl and the Outlaw! Barb, you
            > > invariably amaze with your beautifully designed stanzas for any
            > and
            > > all situations!!
            > >
            > > I vote to appoint Tygress to the honored and highly coveted
            > > position of Poet Laureate of Central Texas Geocaching!
            > >
            > > Happy New Year -- Gott Nytt År!!
            > >
            > > -- Vicki

            It isn't a lack of willpower, it's an abundance of momentum. --Cathy
            Guisewite