Happy New Year Song

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
      A New Year's song for Moosiegirl and Outlaw and all those who lend
      assistance to the lost in the field:

      Should our cache senses be for naught,
      And never come to mind
      Should we stand flummoxed at the spot
      We can call the Cache Hot Line
      Just call the Cache Hot Line, my dears,
      Just call the Cache Hot Line --
      We'll take whatever hint we can
      And call the Cache Hot Line.

      We've shook the cedar, rearranged the rocks,
      With the lampskirt -- indecency
      But still the cache from sight is blocked
      It's DNF for me
      But I'll call the Cache Hot Line, my friends
      I'll call the Cache Hot Line.
      We'll take whatever hint we can
      And call the Cache Hot Line.

      Whether standing in an Urban Square
      Or wrapped in green-briar vine
      When exhausted every search -- I swear!
      Time to call the Cache Hot Line.
      I'll call the Cache Hot Line, no fear!
      I'll call the Cache Hot Line.
      We'll take whatever hint we can
      And call the Cache Hot Line.

      So when your senses go astray
      And you're certain you've gone blind
      Remember what the rest of us do
      And call the Cache Hot Line.
      You'll call the Cache Hot Line, my friends
      It's really not a foul.
      We'll ALL take any hint we can
      To stave off DNF howl.

      Let's raise our cups across the miles
      Cheer gratitude devine
      For them who see us from blues to smiles
      Yes, our beloved Cache Hot Line.
      We'll call the Cache Hot Line, my dears,
      We'll call the Cache Hot Line.
      We'll take whatever hint we can
      And call the Cache Hot Line.

      Happy New Year! And thank you thank you thank you thank you....

      @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
      P.S.

      Happy New Year to EVERYONE!
      May your caches always bear smileys
      And greenbriar be blunt in the tooth
      May your journeys show you the wonders
      And understand that geocache truth
      That the treasure is not in the swag
      Nor the numbers -- though they can be fine
      But in the tales of remorse and big brag
      And the great geofriends -- yours and mine.

      Tygress
    • Maria "theJump"

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
          What a lovely tribute to Moosiegirl and the Outlaw! Barb, you
          invariably amaze with your beautifully designed stanzas for any and
          all situations!!

          I vote to appoint Tygress to the honored and highly coveted
          position of Poet Laureate of Central Texas Geocaching!

          Happy New Year -- Gott Nytt År!!

          -- Vicki
        • iris9
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
            Happy New Year everyone!!!

            Great way to start the new year with your wonderful poem. May I add
            my thanks to them also, and to all the others in this wonderful group
            who have helped and encouraged us. As you said so poetically Barb -
            the most important thing about caching is the friends you make.

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barb Jernigan
            <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

            > A New Year's song for Moosiegirl and Outlaw and all those who lend
            > assistance to the lost in the field:
            >
            > Should our cache senses be for naught,
            > And never come to mind
            > Should we stand flummoxed at the spot
            > We can call the Cache Hot Line
            > Just call the Cache Hot Line, my dears,
            > Just call the Cache Hot Line --
            > We'll take whatever hint we can
            > And call the Cache Hot Line.
            >
            > We've shook the cedar, rearranged the rocks,
            > With the lampskirt -- indecency
            > But still the cache from sight is blocked
            > It's DNF for me
            > But I'll call the Cache Hot Line, my friends
            > I'll call the Cache Hot Line.
            > We'll take whatever hint we can
            > And call the Cache Hot Line.
            >
            > Whether standing in an Urban Square
            > Or wrapped in green-briar vine
            > When exhausted every search -- I swear!
            > Time to call the Cache Hot Line.
            > I'll call the Cache Hot Line, no fear!
            > I'll call the Cache Hot Line.
            > We'll take whatever hint we can
            > And call the Cache Hot Line.
            >
            > So when your senses go astray
            > And you're certain you've gone blind
            > Remember what the rest of us do
            > And call the Cache Hot Line.
            > You'll call the Cache Hot Line, my friends
            > It's really not a foul.
            > We'll ALL take any hint we can
            > To stave off DNF howl.
            >
            > Let's raise our cups across the miles
            > Cheer gratitude devine
            > For them who see us from blues to smiles
            > Yes, our beloved Cache Hot Line.
            > We'll call the Cache Hot Line, my dears,
            > We'll call the Cache Hot Line.
            > We'll take whatever hint we can
            > And call the Cache Hot Line.
            >
            > Happy New Year! And thank you thank you thank you thank you....
            >

            > @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
            > P.S.
            >
            > Happy New Year to EVERYONE!
            > May your caches always bear smileys
            > And greenbriar be blunt in the tooth
            > May your journeys show you the wonders
            > And understand that geocache truth
            > That the treasure is not in the swag
            > Nor the numbers -- though they can be fine
            > But in the tales of remorse and big brag
            > And the great geofriends -- yours and mine.
            >
            > Tygress

          • A Allen (SEMIK)
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
              Hear! Hear! I agree with Vicki about our Poet Laureate! And our
              Thanks go to Moosiegirl and The Outlaw as well. You guys always blush
              at the praises, but we do appreciate the effort you take to keep our
              geocaching spirits high!

              Audra and Matthew
              semik and mda_taz

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Vicki L. Almstrum"

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 3, 2008
                =blush=

                Just remember, Poets Laureates like de VERSEified company!

                Hop in, the words are fine!

                On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 14:16:05 -0000 "A Allen (SEMIK)"
                <al_allen327@...> writes:
                > Hear! Hear! I agree with Vicki about our Poet Laureate! And our
                > Thanks go to Moosiegirl and The Outlaw as well. You guys always
                > blush
                > at the praises, but we do appreciate the effort you take to keep our
                >
                > geocaching spirits high!
                >
                > Audra and Matthew
                > semik and mda_taz
                >
                > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Vicki L. Almstrum"
                > <almstrum@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > What a lovely tribute to Moosiegirl and the Outlaw! Barb, you
                > > invariably amaze with your beautifully designed stanzas for any
                > and
                > > all situations!!
                > >
                > > I vote to appoint Tygress to the honored and highly coveted
                > > position of Poet Laureate of Central Texas Geocaching!
                > >
                > > Happy New Year -- Gott Nytt År!!
                > >
                > > -- Vicki

                It isn't a lack of willpower, it's an abundance of momentum. --Cathy
                Guisewite