Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Too Many Waypoints!

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
      How can you have too many geocaches loaded?
      But IF you really want to delete some, you can select them by symbol, but if they all have the same symbol, one trick is to transfer all of the waypoints to your City Map software by connecting the 60CSx to your PC.  After you have transferred the waypoints to City Map, delete all of the waypoints from your GPS.  Use your Selection Tool to draw a rectangle around the group of waypoints that you want to delete from the group. All of the waypoints in the rectangle will now be highlighted.  Pressing the delete key deletes them.  Repeat until only the ones remain that you want in your GPS.   Now transfer the remaining waypoints back to your GPS.  All done!

      Barry
      aka Doc Geo

      Bruce Burns <bruce@...> wrote:
      I've loaded my GPS with too many geocaching waypoints. Is there any
      way to delete them in a group instead of selecting each one and
      deleting them one at a time? I have a Gamin GPSmap 60CSx using the
      City Map software.

      Thanks,
      Brucacuda