Re: What's going to happen if they decide to pick up their toys and go home?

  • Will Nienke <nienke@nienke.com>
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 6, 2003
      Hi,
      As a newbie geocaching.com admin, I can tell you that there is no
      specific bias, posted or not, against virtuals.

      Hang in there folks! Its not as bad as it seems, and it IS just a
      game! :-)

      9Key

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, The Diver
      <thediver@a...> wrote:
      > Well then, I guess that I must be weird or something because I
      actually
      > like virtuals. So I guess if your virtual is associated with a
      > historical marker, then you must attach a magnetic box on the back
      for a
      > log book? To me, virtuals are just points of interest. Take for
      instance
      > my virtual, GCA946 - Golden-cheeked Warbler, I could really care
      less
      > that someone emailed the answers or even emailed the correct
      answers. To
      > me, it's just a POI and I hope they enjoyed the location.
      >
      > alan
      >

      > On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 01:58, Mark Gessner wrote:
      > > The secret guidelines now include:
      > >
      > > 1) I (the approver) personally don't like virtuals.
      > > 2) If you can at all possible place a small container with a
      logbook,
      > > do so, because (see #1).
      > > 3) This just isn't unique enough, even though I (the approver)
      have
      > > never even seen the place
      > > 4) The rules for virtuals are changing, we (the approving class)
      are
      > > approving less of them because (see #1).
      > > 5) I (the approver) am letting this go to my head, I have the
      power, my
      > > game: "Neener neener neener."
      > >
      > > From now on all my caches are starting out as 50 cal ammo boxes
      with a
      > > logbook inside, hidden in a state park. Immediately after
      approval,
      > > some may secretly turn into virtuals and the coordinates may
      change
      > > --well... more than a little bit. :-)
      > >
      > > -mark
      > > aka lowracer
      > >
      > > On Wednesday, January 1, 2003, at 01:50 AM, The Diver wrote:
      > >
      > > > Mark,
      > > >
      > > > What were the reasons for "The Cheerful Dead" being rejected?
      Based on
      > > > the so called "guidelines", I don't see why it should be
      rejected?

      > > > alan
      > > > aka The Diver

      Seems like

      > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      > > >

      > > -mark

    • David Gahagan
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 7, 2003
        Will, glad to see you're on board and I know you'll always be fair. The
        problem seems centered around one paticular admin and virtual caches. If
        you've been on this list long, or have read the archives, you know who I'm
        talking about. Quite frankly, I would like to see him gone for good. In my
        opinion, he brings nothing to the sport. I'll be over at navicache and
        austinexplorer's site from now on. I got nothing for my "Charter
        Membership" but grief and a few poorly constructed features.

        FireCacher