insider tip on garmins

  • Tanya Phillips
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2007
      Hey I have it from an inside source that something newer and better is
      coming out from Garmin very soon, that will make you wish you hadn't
      just bought the 60CSX. I don't know anything else, just that he said
      to WAIT for it.

      I am waiting, but it's been hard. I was expecting to know by now what
      it would be. Hopefully soon!

      Tanya
    • droid81
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 9, 2007
        Just saw this blurb a few moments ago.

        http://tinyurl.com/2sv23b
        http://gpstracklog.typepad.com/gps_tracklog/2007/12/rumor-garmin-co.html

        droid81

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Tanya Phillips"
        <tanyamp@...> wrote:

        > Hey I have it from an inside source that something newer and better
        is
        > coming out from Garmin very soon, that will make you wish you hadn't
        > just bought the 60CSX. I don't know anything else, just that he said
        > to WAIT for it.
        >
        > I am waiting, but it's been hard. I was expecting to know by now
        what
        > it would be. Hopefully soon!
        >
        > Tanya

      • Kevin (KoosKoos)
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 10, 2007
          You can see a better picture and some actual specs on the Bass Pro web site here:
          http://tinyurl.com/35dhqd

          Kevin
          KoosKoos

          <tanyamp@...> wrote:

          > Hey I have it from an inside source that something newer and better
          is
          > coming out from Garmin very soon, that will make you wish you hadn't
          > just bought the 60CSX. I don't know anything else, just that he said
          > to WAIT for it.
          >
          > I am waiting, but it's been hard. I was expecting to know by now
          what
          > it would be. Hopefully soon!
          >
          > Tanya

        • Doc
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 10, 2007
            I especially found this part interesting:
            "Paperless Geocaching supports display of detailed geocache information"

            <tanyamp@...> wrote:

            > Hey I have it from an inside source that something newer and better
            is
            > coming out from Garmin very soon, that will make you wish you hadn't
            > just bought the 60CSX. I don't know anything else, just that he said
            > to WAIT for it.
            >
            > I am waiting, but it's been hard. I was expecting to know by now
            what
            > it would be. Hopefully soon!
            >
            > Tanya

          • semperquestio
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 10, 2007
              Can't say I like that do-all control button and I SURE don't like it
              at the top. I like the control buttons under the screen so you can
              use your thumb and still see the screen. Looking forward to seeing
              the full specs on it tho.

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin (KoosKoos)"

              CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com<CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > > "Tanya Phillips"
              > > <tanyamp@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hey I have it from an inside source that something newer and better
              > > is
              > > > coming out from Garmin very soon, that will make you wish you hadn't
              > > > just bought the 60CSX. I don't know anything else, just that he said
              > > > to WAIT for it.
              > > >
              > > > I am waiting, but it's been hard. I was expecting to know by now
              > > what
              > > > it would be. Hopefully soon!
              > > >
              > > > Tanya

            • Perrine, Julie
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 10, 2007

                The infrared sharing is something we all talked about, but I didn’t imagine that they’d go the full paperless info route!  That could actually get me to buy one even though I own more than enough GPSs for a lifetime.

                They can skip the bluecharts and load me right up with roads, though!  I’m sure that was just what the models have at Bass Pro Shops.