you might like this

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 28, 2007
      TODAY’S TIP(s): SENIOR’S Department
      Soft & Softer

      When my mother was bedfast I noticed that her skin and hair were so soft
      and smooth. I asked her caregivers what they were using to bathe her and
      they told me Septi-Soft. It is a concentrate and you mix 2 oz. to a
      gallon of water. I was able to order it from my local pharmacy. My
      husband and I are full time RV-ers and I thought it could be very handy
      to have a no-rinse product to use while on the road. I love the stuff
      and use it all the time in between showers, as a shampoo and as a foot
      soak etc. I mix up a gallon at a time. I Googled it and came up with
      this website but I am sure there are others too.
      http://www.brucemedical.com/seco.html

      @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
      Life is a hard battle anyway, and if we laugh and sing a little as we
      fight the good fight of freedom, it makes it all go easier. --Sojourner
      Truth
    • Doc
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2007
        I'm going to Big Bend with the Austin Adventure Racers.  Of course, I will just "have to" snag some geocaches while I'm there.  I'd like to grab that virtual of the wood burning stove manufacturer's name, but can't remember what geocache it is.  Can someone give my the waypoint ID for it?
        Barry

      • Doc
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2007
          I found it...

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2007

            Hey, Doc!

            Did you ever post a "report" on your first adventure race or did I miss it?

            Inquiring minds want to know! <G>

            Russ the waterweasel

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 30, 2007
              No, I didn't.
              Short story:
              Aqua Terra Expedtion Race Oct. 13-14, 2007
              I'm 50 and my team mate is 51.
              We entered into the Masters Class (40 and over) and were hoping to win 1st place by default if no other teams entered that class.  But another did.
              The race was from Mansfield Dam Park to Tom Miller Dam - 30 miles of trekking (bushwhacking using map&compass) and 30 miles of kayaking.  The other team were much stronger paddlers than us (they had a canoe, we were in a loaded down tandem kayak).  They checked in at the end of the race 40 minutes before we did.  (RATS!)
              We got found two more checkpoints than they did (each checkpoint missed = 1 hour time penalty) - YAY!!!!  We took 1st place!   Pretty good for a geocaching couch potato...  hardest thing I've ever done in my life...  but I loved the test of my endurance.

              Then I was part of a 4-man team in the 1st Lone Star  Rogaine Championship (Nov. 17th).  We raced in Pedernales Falls SP over a period of 24 hours (no, not a wink...) to get as many checkpoints as possible.  We checked in after 23 hours (wouldn't be able to find another and get back in an hour) and wound up in 8th place out of 13 teams doing the 24 hour race, finding 32 out of 45 checkpoints, covering 32.6 miles (we were carrying a GPS tracker).  (There were also a 6 and 12 hour race...)  The 1st place team in the 24 hour race got all 45 checkpoints in less than 12 hours!

              But most memorable parts...

              Aqua Terra race: Kayaking back across Lake Travis against the wind, white-capped waves and motorboat wakes....

              Lone Star Rogaine:
              Losing count of the scratches from bushwhacking at night through cedar....

              There's a lot more to report, but probably shouldn't be here....

              Barry
              aka Doc Geo, aka Self-endurance tester....  :-)

              Russ Jernigan <waterweasel@...> wrote:
              Hey, Doc!
              Did you ever post a "report" on your first adventure race or did I miss it?
              Inquiring minds want to know! <G>
              Russ the waterweasel

              I'm going to Big Bend with the Austin Adventure Racers.  Of course, I will just "have to" snag some geocaches while I'm there.  I'd like to grab that virtual of the wood burning stove manufacturer' s name, but can't remember what geocache it is.  Can someone give my the waypoint ID for it?
              Barry

            • Nick Silkey
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 30, 2007
                I don't recall the waypoint, but I have the name burned into my brain:
                Panther Canyon Abode

                gl hf

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 30, 2007

                  Thanks!  I'd like to hear the "blow by blow" accounts, should you ever write them up.

                  Best,

                  Russ the waterweasel

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007

                    Barry