RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Garmin Map Clarification

  • GeoMire
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 8, 2007

      Ah, yes.. but here’s something you probably don’t know about NT.

      You don’t have to use NT on the CSx, but you will be more maps on your new microSD card if you use NT.  NT has all of the stuff the non-NT version does, but here’s the interesting part.

      When purchasing and registering a serial number with the non-NT version, the ½ price upgrades are ALWAYS bound to that same serial number.  If you break your device, or upgrade, you have to purchase the full version of the maps to use on the new device.

      NT on the other hand, gives you a new product code with all of your ½ price upgrades, which means you CAN upgrade your device and still use upgrades for the maps.

      I personally like saving money, so I can spend it on something else.

      -Chris

      GeoMire

      The Loopy ½ of Tush Brothers Inc.