Help me Brainstorm!

  • Julie Perrine
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
      Gang,
      Now that I'm SURE I'll actually hit the 10K cache mark, I'm trying to plan a HUGE event to celebrate.  I'm trying to find a location where 150 people might fit INDOORS (since it might be cold in December or whenever I set the date for).  I'm envisioning a dinner indoors with live music and maybe a bonfire outdoors later.  Can you think of any place that fits that bill that is REASONABLY PRICED.  I don't want to go into debt for this thing, so I need to find someplace BIG but CHEAP!

      Does anybody know of a rec center with a fire pit, or a park with a large building?  A fairgrounds or a church?

      I'm going out to check out the CCC building at Bastrop SP tomorrow.

      Any and all ideas are appreciated!
      Cheers,
      Julie

    • Lowracer
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2007
        How about holding it outdoors in San Diego? 72 degrees year round, and
        we've already got the bonfire started!

        <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

        I'm trying to find a location where 150 people
        > might fit INDOORS (since it might be cold in December or whenever I
        set the
        > date for). I'm envisioning a dinner indoors with live music and maybe a
        > bonfire outdoors later.

      • M.Schreffler
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2007
          There's a nice club house at Buescher State park - not
          sure how much it rents for but I have gone there
          several Decembers in a row for a Yule party with about
          that many people. - motx

          http://mail.yahoo.com