RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Night Only Caches

  • Perrine, Julie
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2007

      Sure!  No problem.  Give me a bit to figure out where the thing is and what might be a good place to meet and I’ll post time and coordinates to the group.

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2007
        You are probably talking about 'Night Light' GC14231. It's very cool
        and definitely worth seeing but be warned that it's a quick cache so
        don't plan an evening around it.

        Mike

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Perrine, Julie"
        <julie.perrine@...> wrote:

        > I'm interested in doing the one up in Cedar Park. I don't know what the
        > name of it is. Anyone interested in going Saturday night?
        >

        > Julie
        >
        > Mrs. Captain Picard
        >
        > ________________________________

      • Rich and Di Michelson
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2007
          We want to go get this one too.  The kids are excited about it.  Where do we meet and when?

          They are also excited about the bug hike tomorrow.  Thanks for the heads up, Kevin!!

          We're caching in Wimberley area tomorrow after the hike.  I struck out at the glass works cache today.  Our division did a teambuilding event including the glass works and natural bridge cavern.  Hard to strike out on the earthcache there.  My calves are still aching, though!  That last hill is what did me in...but, OMG, it was beautiful!

          --Di

          < julie.perrine@...> wrote:

          > I'm interested in doing the one up in Cedar Park. I don't know what the
          > name of it is. Anyone interested in going Saturday night?
          >

          > Julie
          >
          > Mrs. Captain Picard
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Randell Pitts
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2007
            Yes

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 2, 2007
              Ok, due to popular demand, anyone who wants to meet for Night Light can do so one of the following two ways.

              1)  Meet at 6:15pm at Fuddruckers at 11023 Pecan Park (in front of Lakeline Mall around  N30 27.984 W97 48.277) and we'll eat and visit and then

              2)  At 7:15, we will drive over to the coordinates of Night Light and do whatever it is we need to do to find the cache.

              My understanding is that it's not a traditional night cache where you have go crash through the woods in the dark with a flashlight (darn it), but it's probably something you just figure out and find.  Oh well, I'm sure it will be better than staying home NOT finding a night cache on a Saturday night, right?????

              I will find some way of identifying myself at Fuddruckers, if you've never met me.  Look for a Geocaching.com logo, probably, or a little gal holding a GPS eating wedge fries!

              See you Saturday night at 6:15!!!
              Cheers,

              On 11/2/07, Perrine, Julie <julie.perrine@...> wrote:

              Sure!  No problem.  Give me a bit to figure out where the thing is and what might be a good place to meet and I'll post time and coordinates to the group.

              Now that the days are getting cooler and the nights are getting
              longer, it is the perfect time to go experience a night only cache.
              These are something different from most caches, and I think are a lot
              of fun.

              Here is my list of the night only caches that I am aware of in the
              Austin area. If you know of one that I missed, please let me know so
              that I can add it to the list.

              If there are any on the list that you haven't found yet, now is the
              perfect time to go!

              http://tinyurl.com/2ebsb6

              Brent

              http://mail.yahoo.com