Regional Spring Cache Event in Planning Stages!

  • Candy Lind <candylind@email.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
      USMorrows in Houston and 9key in Dallas are in the beginning stages
      of planning a day-long Cache Event this spring, along the lines of
      one 9key did in December in Dallas (see Quest for the 9 Keys:
      http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=46007). No date
      set; possible site is Fort Boggy State Park just off IH45 in
      Centerville. They want to know how many Central Texas Geocachers
      might want to participate? Please post your responses here; 9key will
      be watching!

      Happy Trails,
      Candy aka Moosiegirl
    • teamtroglodyte <teamtroglodyte@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
        We might be interested. I am more concerned about being involved at
        this point because of the area people that. They all seem to be a
        very unhappy group of cachers and like to whine alot. That is not
        what the sport is about. This has me concerned.

        Will have to see also what the date is.
        Team T
        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind
        <candylind@e...>" <candylind@e...> wrote:
        > USMorrows in Houston and 9key in Dallas are in the beginning stages
        > of planning a day-long Cache Event this spring, along the lines of
        > one 9key did in December in Dallas (see Quest for the 9 Keys:
        > http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=46007). No
        date
        > set; possible site is Fort Boggy State Park just off IH45 in
        > Centerville. They want to know how many Central Texas Geocachers
        > might want to participate? Please post your responses here; 9key
        will
        > be watching!
        >
        > Happy Trails,
        > Candy aka Moosiegirl
      • The Diver
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
          I'll go.

          alan
          aka The Diver

        • angryarmadillo <angryarmadillo@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "teamtroglodyte
            <teamtroglodyte@y...>" <teamtroglodyte@y...> wrote:
            > We might be interested. I am more concerned about being involved at
            > this point because of the area people that. They all seem to be a
            > very unhappy group of cachers and like to whine alot. That is not
            > what the sport is about. This has me concerned.

            Whiners? Us? Have you ever been to one of the get-togethers? We are a
            very easy to get along with bunch. The things we've been talking about
            as of late are not whining. We want to see the sport grow and be fun
            for everyone. Right now it seems some persons at gc.com might be on a
            power trip and some people aren't comfortable with one site
            controlling nearly all aspects of the sport. If no one questions the
            way things are run changes won't be made. Competition is a good thing.
            Without it there is no motivation to innovate.

            Tony
            Team Bohica