RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Hi from a new geocacher

  • Lee Dedear
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 30, 2007
      And if you're creating a puzzle cache or other type where the seeker must calculate or otherwise determine the final coordinates, the map on your cache page won't be enough to check your work. Paste the coordinates of the actual container into Google Maps. Also, you (or preferably a friend who won't cheat by logging the cache first) should solve the puzzle or otherwise gather the final coordinates, then make sure they match the actual coordinates of the final. Miss one letter in a formula, and you'll be dispatching several FTF hounds off into parts unknown, like I did to the dear Mrs. Captain Picard! I think she's forgiven me of that, just like I forgave her for sending me to a very interesting spot that, unfortunately, was several miles from the actual location of one of her new caches.

      By and large, we're a reasonable and forgiving lot, and smart enough not to climb over a razor wire fence just because the little pointer says the cache is over there. But you've got to be a LITTLE suspicious of the mental stability of someone who has hunted Tupperware in the woods five or six or seven... THOUSAND... times or more! :)

      --Lee
      "Suchmann"

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2007

        Suchmann,

        I only forgive you for saying all those HORRIBLE and totally TRUE things about me because you put the word “dear” in front of my name in your email!

        LOL!

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2007
          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lee Dedear"
          <ldedear@...> wrote:

          > {snip...} and smart enough not to
          > climb over a razor wire fence just because the little pointer says
          the cache
          > is over there. {... end snip}
          >
          > --Lee
          > "Suchmann"

          Unless, of course, we're talking about Stratman! ;D
        • Nick Silkey
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2007
            On 9/30/07, Lee Dedear <ldedear@...> wrote:
            > And if you're creating a puzzle cache or other type where the seeker must calculate or otherwise determine the final coordinates

            <snip>

            Why would you want to do something like that?!

            ;)
          • GeoMire
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2007

              Yea, but with Stratman, we should also include the following:

              1.     Beware of cardboard refrigerator boxes, they don’t always make good sleds.

              2.     If a cache owner tells you a cache is not up a tree… you don’t need to climb it, fall out of it, and pull down electrical cords in the process.

              3.     Speaking of things electrical… don’t wizz on a barbwire fence… you won’t know there’s an electrical fence on the other side… until you awaken to see the paramedics looking down at you.

              4.     Take your son with you… he can run faster to go get help.

              There’s more, but I’m laughing so hard right now I can’t type anymore…. Stratman (Curtis) can add anything I’ve forgotten.

              -Chris

              GeoMire

              The Loopy ½ of Tush Brothers Inc.