Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] San Angelo Camp-n-Cache (Event Cache)

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2007
      Aaaww  man....  I sure would have loved to go to this, but I'll be in that adventure race during that weekend...  I've never been to the San Angelo area yet....  Sue and I have been wanting to do that Abscacher Cache for quite some time now....
      Barry
      aka Doc Geo

      Julie Perrine <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:
      Gang,
      I'm holding an informal campout event out at San Angelo State Park on October 13/14.  Kangadrew is throwing a pancake breakfast Sunday morning.  Since it's quite a distance away, I thought I'd announce it here.  October is a great time to camp in Texas, so bring your tent and your bike and let's go find some caches!

      You should make your reservation at the park as soon as you can!

      Cheers,

    • LSR
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 27, 2007

        We have cache there many a times while Laura still lived there.  Now that she got married and lives near Flagstaff, AZ.

        Our favorite cache is the “Abecacher’s Code” it is a 5/5 multi.  I do not know if you even like multi caches but would be great a group cycling cache.  Since you will be with the local and other cachers it can be done in a day.  The only thing I would suggest to begin very early in the morning.

        Just a thought!

        Sincerely,

        Luther & Janet Rode

        Geocaching is the game,

        Mom & Pop "Huggy Bear Fbg" is the name.

        You might enjoy our caches while Fredericksburg:

        Aim High for the County Line (GCRE63)

        "Totaled" (GCRE83)

        Pioneers of the Texas Hills (GCF721)

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 27, 2007

          Hey Luther!

          This weekend is supposed to be helping me push over the 10K mark.  I don’t think I’ll be going after the 5/5 multi that will take all day for one smiley!!!!!!!

          Another time maybe (UH HUH!)

          Are  you coming?

          Julie Perrine

          AMD Sales Finance