Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Adventure Racing (Off Topic)

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2007
      The portage, given our experience watching adventure races, will be the toughest leg. Have Russ give you some sea chanties, because rhythm is the answer.... good luck!

      On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 12:57:50 -0700 (PDT) Doc <bcwatson@...> writes:
      I know, this is off topic also, just wanted to let my friends know about my entry into my first adventure race!
      I'm not sure what business a 51 year old couch potato has in adventure racing or why, but seeing as the wife and I have a lot of experience bushwhacking during geocaching and I had a lot of fun doing the paddling during Wayne's 5K event, I thought this seemed like the next progression.  I met my team partner and we did a 6 mile, part trail, part bushwhacking hike in Bastrop S.P. this morning (6 am... ugghhh...)   Really fast paced...  Entry is $130 per person ('cuz we registered late) and we are renting a tandem kayak... then there's gear I need to get, energy food, etc....    sigh....

      Everyone has their own geocaching style and speed.  No matter yours, I hope you can relate to racing through the outdoors....

      There are videos of past adventure races on youtube.com. The site for this one is http://www.aquaterrarace.com/AT_EXP_DETAILS.htm
      The race is from Mansfield Dam to Tom Miller Dam.
      Expedition Course
      Paddling 30 - 35 Miles
      Trekking 30 -35 Miles
      Boat Portaging 3 - 3.5 miles

      Wish me luck...

      Now, back to your regularly scheduled geocaching programmming....:-D

      Barry
      aka Doc Geo

      Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

      Life is a hard battle anyway, and if we laugh and sing a little as we fight the good fight of freedom, it makes it all go easier. --Sojourner Truth