The Star Spenagled Banner

  • Doug Spence
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2007

      Yep! I passed it on...

      I'm sorry, but after hearing they want to sing OUR
      National Anthem in Spanish ... enough is Too much!
      NEVER did they sing it in Italian, Japanese, Polish, Irish-Celtic, German,
      Portuguese, Greek, French, or any other language because of immigra-
      tion. It was written by Francis Scott Key and should be sung word for
      word the way it was written. The news broadcasts gave a translation
      that's NOT even close. Sorry if this offends anyone ...
       but this is my country.
      Let me make this perfectly clear!
      THIS IS MY COUNTRY!

      And, because I make this statement
      DOES NOT mean I'm against immigration!!!
      YOU ARE WELCOME HERE IN MY COUNTRY.
      Welcome to come through like everyone else has.
      The legitimate way by going through proper channels
      and being checked out for proper documentation!
      Get a sponsor!
      Get a place to lay your head!
      Get a job!
      Live by OUR rules!
      Pay YOUR taxes!
      And
      LEARN THE LANGUAGE LIKE ALL OTHER
      IMMIGRANTS HAVE IN THE PAST!!!
      AND PLEASE DON'T DEMAND THAT WE HAND OVER OUR
      LIFETIME SAVINGS OF SOCIAL SECURITY FUNDS TO YOU
       TO MAKE UP FOR ''YOUR'' LOSSES.

      If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone,
      then YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

      When will AMERICAN'S STOP giving away THEIR RIGHTS???
      We've gone so far the other way ... bent over backwards not to
      offend anyone. But it seems no one cares about the AMERICAN
        that's being offended!

      WAKE UP  America!!!
      If you agree ... pass this on.
      if you don't agree ... delete it!!!

      Doug Spence
      Flight Paramedic, Logistics Officer
      PHI, STAT-Air 2
      Georgetown, TX
      (254) 449-0769

      Tommorow's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held his ground!

      The contents of this communication are intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication and notify the sender. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this communication that do not relate to the official business of PHI Air Medical shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

    • Russell Johnson
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2007
        Doug:

        I don't disagree with this content of this post.  However, I think it would be best if we kept this group focused on Geocaching.  Thank you for you concern and you a great American my friend.

        Russ960

      • Julie Perrine
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 23, 2007
          Hey Doug,

          We all agree that people who monitor this group like geocaching.  That's why we post here, because these are people who share our interest.  Because we're a diverse group, with diverse thought, I doubt there's another topic on which we all share a common interest the way we do with geocaching.  So because I want every geocacher to feel welcome here, whether I agree or disagree with your cause, I'd prefer that you'd pursue your political/relious agendas in forums more appropriate for those topics.

          If we're going to fight, let's fight about geocaching, huh?  LOL!
          Cheers,

        • Doc
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 23, 2007
            I've got to agree with Russ on this one.   Being retired military and very patriotic, I strongly agree with the content, but this is not the place and probably not the audience for this message...

            Barry

            --
            *Russell Johnson* | http://www.rightsideoftech.com |
            russ@...

            Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 23, 2007

              OK, look, whether or not I agree or diagree, this was a totally inappropriate post to make to this list.

              Russ the waterweasel