Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Cache approval/disapproval and Geocaching.com's existence

  • David Gahagan
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 2, 2003
      Others not so nimble as us youngsters want to get involved in our sport, but
      can't because there are very few wheel chair accessible caches.

      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 2, 2003
        Well, duh. I think I know that.

        I asked why it was "troubling".

        If you are in a wheel chair, it's a fact of life that
        you are limited in some things you can & can't do.
        If someone wants to set up chair-friendly caches, then
        fine. But, "troubling"? I won't be losing any sleep
        over it.

        --- David Gahagan <david@...> wrote:
        > Others not so nimble as us youngsters want to get
        > involved in our sport, but
        > can't because there are very few wheel chair
        > accessible caches.

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Diann Black
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 2, 2003

          I have to say as a cacher I think that is very insensitive of you to say that cache are for all and yes I agree that cache in the woods are not easy for wheel chair people there are a lot of others that they can do that are not being approved is the point this person was making.

          Just because you are not a handicap person you should not be so rude to them.

          I think most people here are complaining too much. Geocaching will always be there and for those who don't like the way its run on geocaching.com find another place to go and stop complaining.

          --- David Gahagan <david@...> wrote:
          > Others not so nimble as us youngsters want to get
          > involved in our sport, but
          > can't because there are very few wheel chair
          > accessible caches.

          Do you Yahoo!?