seeking cache recommendations again

  • boardlaw
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
      Hi folks -- I will be back in Austin for ACL this month, and wanted
      any updated suggestions for "not-to-be-missed" caches to try while I'm
      in town. I am very grateful for the "What XXX loves about South
      Austin" series, since the idea is great and locations are very
      convenient. I also will try to catch up on Mr. L's science series.

      I will have a car and be caching Thursday afternoon and evening, then
      in the mornings and evenings before and after ACL. I did the Napoleon
      night cache last year, and welcome suggestions for other night caches.

      Many thanks.

      Zgrav (Steve)
    • Perrine, Julie
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007

        Hi Steve,

        There are several new Barton Creek Greenbelt caches out this year.  If you’re in the mood to hike, just look at the greenbelt area south of Zilker Park where the ACL Fest is.  Also, we just had an event where we bicycled around the Veloway to get the new caches there.  If you have a bike, you might enjoy a morning on the Veloway.  Several new caches have popped up in Mary Moore Searight Park , off Slaughter Lane .  A bike is useful there, too, but not required.

        Welcome back!

        Julie Perrine

        AMD Sales Finance

        512.602.7190

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007

          And, if you get hot at ACL, go do Spring Loaded (bring goggles!!).

          Russ the waterweasel

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 7, 2007
            Here is a list of the Austin area night caches:
            http://tinyurl.com/2ebsb6

            Brent

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "boardlaw"
            <steve.finley@...> wrote:

            > Hi folks -- I will be back in Austin for ACL this month, and wanted
            > any updated suggestions for "not-to-be-missed" caches to try while I'm
            > in town. I am very grateful for the "What XXX loves about South
            > Austin" series, since the idea is great and locations are very
            > convenient. I also will try to catch up on Mr. L's science series.
            >
            > I will have a car and be caching Thursday afternoon and evening, then
            > in the mornings and evenings before and after ACL. I did the Napoleon
            > night cache last year, and welcome suggestions for other night caches.
            >
            > Many thanks.
            >
            > Zgrav (Steve)

          • boardlaw
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 10, 2007