Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Cache approval/disapproval and Geocaching.com's existence

  • David Gahagan
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 2, 2003
      Not that I don't agree, but keep in mind that those new to the sport will be
      wanting to hide just such a cache. Getting them involved and keeping them
      interested is the only way this sport will survive. Telling them their
      cache location/choice sucks will only run them off and kill our sport. The
      old timers need to take the new comers out and help them learn the sport.

      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 2, 2003
        Others not so nimble as us youngsters want to get involved in our sport, but
        can't because there are very few wheel chair accessible caches.

        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 2, 2003
          Well, duh. I think I know that.

          I asked why it was "troubling".

          If you are in a wheel chair, it's a fact of life that
          you are limited in some things you can & can't do.
          If someone wants to set up chair-friendly caches, then
          fine. But, "troubling"? I won't be losing any sleep
          over it.

          --- David Gahagan <david@...> wrote:
          > Others not so nimble as us youngsters want to get
          > involved in our sport, but
          > can't because there are very few wheel chair
          > accessible caches.

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • Diann Black
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 2, 2003

            I have to say as a cacher I think that is very insensitive of you to say that cache are for all and yes I agree that cache in the woods are not easy for wheel chair people there are a lot of others that they can do that are not being approved is the point this person was making.

            Just because you are not a handicap person you should not be so rude to them.

            I think most people here are complaining too much. Geocaching will always be there and for those who don't like the way its run on geocaching.com find another place to go and stop complaining.

            --- David Gahagan <david@...> wrote:
            > Others not so nimble as us youngsters want to get
            > involved in our sport, but
            > can't because there are very few wheel chair
            > accessible caches.

            Do you Yahoo!?