Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] OT: Sky Viewing?

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2007
      We live in a very dark area (we can see the Milky Way) and we saw very few meteorites... not worth anyone's drive this far for sure...

      Barry
      aka Doc Geo

      Russ Jernigan <waterweasel@...> wrote:
      Hi!

      OK, this is off topic I know.

      Barb, Reid and I have been trying to view the Persid (sp?) meteor shower the last view nights. However, the neighborhood is your typical sinkbowl of trees, houses, street lights, etc, all of which render all but the brightest meteor essentially invisible.

      So, does anyone have a suggestion for a good star gazing spot within an hour of Round Rock? Dark and with a good horizon is what I'm looking for. Safe parking and no locals with shotguns considered major pluses . . . <wg>

      Thanks!

      We now return you to your regularly scheduled programing . . .

      Russ the waterweasel