RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] A 5K AFFAIR TO REMEMBER!

  • Deborah Albers
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 13, 2007
      Congratulations my love.
      I am glad I could be there with you when you hit 5K, and boy did you work
      for it!
      I'll plan a celebration event for the Saturday morning after Labor Day.
      Mark your calendars everyone :)

      Mrs_HiDude

      >From: "Candy Lind" <candylind@...>
      >To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] A 5K AFFAIR TO REMEMBER!
      >Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 02:20:20 -0000
      >
      >Well not really an AFFAIR ... it was all in the family, after all!
      >
      >We talked to HiDude_98 this afternoon while we were at Muddy Buddies
      >25th anniversary party in Houston. He (with help from wife Deb, and
      >support from his niece, mother-in-law, and daughter KatyDude) was
      >looking for whatever help we could give with "Spring Loaded". We told
      >him our experience with it; we made sure he'd read the notes about the
      >difficulty Indigo Parrish had with it in June, and we all realized, with
      >all the flooding we'd had since, that it was most likely buried in silt
      >on the bottom again.
      >
      >A while later, we got a sad note from Paul that he and Deb were giving
      >up for a while, to take KatyDude, his niece and Deb's mom home, but were
      >determined to come back and look some more.
      >
      >Armed with goggles this time, he and Deb got back to Barton Springs and
      >set out to find it again. This time, SUCCESS!!
      >
      >FOR FIND NUMBER 5000!!!!
      >WOO -- HOOOOOO!
      >
      >It's dogged determination like this that has brought Paul to the point
      >where he has found 5000 caches in a mere 2 years and 2 months ... for
      >791 days, that averages 6.32 caches per day, 44.25 caches per week,
      >192.3 caches per month.
      >

      >CAN YOU SAY OBSESSED?????
      >
      >I don't know of many of us who could cache to this level for this length
      >of time. Congratulations, Paul on this phenomenal accomplishment! And
      >congrats to Deb for not killing you (or geoMire) somewhere along the
      >way! [;)]
      >
      >Happy Trails!
      >Candy

      See what you�re getting into�before you go there
      http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_preview_0507