HiDude_98 hits the big 5K!

  • Nick Silkey
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 13, 2007
      I'm not one for congrats threads, both due to mailbox clutter and
      laziness. But Paul crossed over into 5K land with a find on Spring
      Loaded. And with his lovely geospouse Deb, too!

      Congrats PaulDude!
    • Julie Perrine

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 13, 2007
          Congrats indeed Paul!  I have not done Spring Loaded yet (distance & timing), but hope to some day...

          Barry
          aka Doc Geo

          Nick Silkey <nsilkey@...> wrote:
          I'm not one for congrats threads, both due to mailbox clutter and
          laziness. But Paul crossed over into 5K land with a find on Spring
          Loaded. And with his lovely geospouse Deb, too!

          Congrats PaulDude!

        • semperquestio
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 13, 2007
            Congrats Dude.

            Sorry I couldn't make it there to celebrate with you.

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Silkey"
            <nsilkey@...> wrote:

            > I'm not one for congrats threads, both due to mailbox clutter and
            > laziness. But Paul crossed over into 5K land with a find on Spring
            > Loaded. And with his lovely geospouse Deb, too!
            >
            > Congrats PaulDude!

          • Chris Mire
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 13, 2007
              Not to mention the fact that Brother Dorkey Tush has passed the 1K coin
              mark. He currently has 1176 activated... who knows how many he hasn't
              activated yet.

              -Chris
              GeoMire
              The Loopy 1/2 of Tush Brothers Inc.

              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 13, 2007
                It's a sad, sad addiction.....
                Oooh! sparklies!

                (ain't tellin' -- it ain't 1K, yet.... not quite, unless you count the
                nontrackables, too....)

                On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:05:57 -0000 "Chris Mire" <geomire@...>
                writes:

                > Not to mention the fact that Brother Dorkey Tush has passed the 1K
                > coin
                > mark. He currently has 1176 activated... who knows how many he
                > hasn't
                > activated yet.
                >
                > -Chris
                > GeoMire
                > The Loopy 1/2 of Tush Brothers Inc.
                >

                > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Silkey"
                > <nsilkey@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm not one for congrats threads, both due to mailbox clutter and
                > > laziness. But Paul crossed over into 5K land with a find on
                > Spring
                > > Loaded. And with his lovely geospouse Deb, too!
                > >
                > > Congrats PaulDude!

                Suddenly, high above the crowd, Ralph thought, "I'm an old dog, and this
                is a new trick." --Gary Larsen; The Far Side
              • Lowell Dennis
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 13, 2007
                  Way to go Paul! I wish I had your stamina for caching and the unquestioning spousal support you must have.

                  5K in just over 2 years is quite an accomplishment. I will hit 2 years on Christmas and I am still trying to get to 500. Dang, your good!

                  @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@,.-:* '``'*:-., @
                  Suddenly, high above the crowd, Ralph thought, "I'm an old dog, and this
                  is a new trick." --Gary Larsen; The Far Side

                  No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
                • cybercat
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 13, 2007
                    Congrats, Paul! Let me move my stats box aside so you can zoom up past me without running over me!!!
                    What a fun cache to do for your 5000th!
                    Jana

                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 13, 2007
                        Way to go Paul!!! We are honored to know you and be a small part of
                        your many caching trips. Thanks for including us as temporary TBI
                        cachers, fellow Tush brother.

                        mda_taz and Semik
                        Matthew and Audra

                        <nsilkey@...> wrote:

                        > I'm not one for congrats threads, both due to mailbox clutter and
                        > laziness. But Paul crossed over into 5K land with a find on Spring
                        > Loaded. And with his lovely geospouse Deb, too!
                        >
                        > Congrats PaulDude!

                      • Bob Chernow
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 14, 2007
                          A mega congrats from the NC side. It couldna happened to a nice cacher.

                          BTW it seems this group is eating all my posts done via email now.???

                          bobchernow

                        • palbers@austin.rr.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 14, 2007
                            Thank you all so much for the wonderful words regarding my 5K
                            milestone. It has been an awesome ride. I couldn't have made it
                            to 5k without the continual loving support of my family or the
                            incredible people that I have met over the past two years. You
                            all make me feel right at home!

                            The best thing about this milestone really is all the people that
                            I have met and become friends with. Seems pretty wild that just
                            two years ago, I had lived in Austin for over 6 years and really
                            only new just a few people, now I have so many wonderful, close
                            friends. I have met people from coast to coast and in other countries
                            due to this hobby. I have seen and been places that I would have
                            never dreamed of being. All thanks to this crazy game/hobby that I got
                            a bit addicted to :)

                            Thank you all for everything! I look forward to seeing you all again
                            soon, either at an upcomming event or on the trail somewhere.

                            As a wise man once said: "Cache on!"

                            -paul
                            HiDude_98
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 14, 2007
                              double check your subscription?
                              (you did change your email when you moved)

                              Hi, Bob!

                              On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:51:23 -0000 "Bob Chernow" <bobchernow@...>
                              writes:
                              > A mega congrats from the NC side. It couldna happened to a nice
                              > cacher.
                              >
                              > BTW it seems this group is eating all my posts done via email
                              > now.???
                              >
                              > bobchernow

                              Suddenly, high above the crowd, Ralph thought, "I'm an old dog, and this
                              is a new trick." --Gary Larsen; The Far Side
                            • Jon Embry
                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 15, 2007
                                Congrats!!!

                                writes:
                                > A mega congrats from the NC side. It couldna happened to a nice
                                > cacher.
                                >
                                > BTW it seems this group is eating all my posts done via email
                                > now.???
                                >
                                > bobchernow

                                Suddenly, high above the crowd, Ralph thought, "I'm an old dog, and this
                                is a new trick." --Gary Larsen; The Far Side

                              • Dick Young
                                Message 15 of 15 , Aug 16, 2007
                                  DUDE...Congrats

                                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Embry"