Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] A 5K AFFAIR TO REMEMBER!

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12 8:24 PM

      Cool to know it didn't get all washed away!!!!

      On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:40:07 -0500 (GMT-05:00) Russ Jernigan <waterweasel@...> writes:

      5000! 5K! And on a buried in silt Spring Loaded?

      Way to go, HiDude!!!

      Russ the waterweasel

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 12 8:42 PM
        Paul - that's quite amazing. I really cannot conceive of caching at
        this rate. I find averaging one a day (one sixth of your rate) the
        most I can manage and stay sane. Candy didn't mention the over 700
        FTFs you have in that 5,000.

        Congratulations!

        And thanks too for always helping out when I call or text you for
        assistance! :-)

        Mike

        <candylind@...> wrote:

        > FOR FIND NUMBER 5000!!!!
        > WOO -- HOOOOOO!
        >
        > It's dogged determination like this that has brought Paul to the point
        > where he has found 5000 caches in a mere 2 years and 2 months ... for
        > 791 days, that averages 6.32 caches per day, 44.25 caches per week,
        > 192.3 caches per month.

      • Deborah Albers
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 13 5:20 AM
          Congratulations my love.
          I am glad I could be there with you when you hit 5K, and boy did you work
          for it!
          I'll plan a celebration event for the Saturday morning after Labor Day.
          Mark your calendars everyone :)

          Mrs_HiDude

          >From: "Candy Lind" <candylind@...>
          >To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] A 5K AFFAIR TO REMEMBER!
          >Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 02:20:20 -0000
          >
          >Well not really an AFFAIR ... it was all in the family, after all!
          >
          >We talked to HiDude_98 this afternoon while we were at Muddy Buddies
          >25th anniversary party in Houston. He (with help from wife Deb, and
          >support from his niece, mother-in-law, and daughter KatyDude) was
          >looking for whatever help we could give with "Spring Loaded". We told
          >him our experience with it; we made sure he'd read the notes about the
          >difficulty Indigo Parrish had with it in June, and we all realized, with
          >all the flooding we'd had since, that it was most likely buried in silt
          >on the bottom again.
          >
          >A while later, we got a sad note from Paul that he and Deb were giving
          >up for a while, to take KatyDude, his niece and Deb's mom home, but were
          >determined to come back and look some more.
          >
          >Armed with goggles this time, he and Deb got back to Barton Springs and
          >set out to find it again. This time, SUCCESS!!
          >
          >FOR FIND NUMBER 5000!!!!
          >WOO -- HOOOOOO!
          >
          >It's dogged determination like this that has brought Paul to the point
          >where he has found 5000 caches in a mere 2 years and 2 months ... for
          >791 days, that averages 6.32 caches per day, 44.25 caches per week,
          >192.3 caches per month.
          >

          >CAN YOU SAY OBSESSED?????
          >
          >I don't know of many of us who could cache to this level for this length
          >of time. Congratulations, Paul on this phenomenal accomplishment! And
          >congrats to Deb for not killing you (or geoMire) somewhere along the
          >way! [;)]
          >
          >Happy Trails!
          >Candy

          See what you�re getting into�before you go there
          http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_preview_0507
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 13 6:54 AM
            Candy wrote:
            It's dogged determination like this that has brought Paul to the point where he has found 5000 caches in a mere 2 years and 2 months ... for 791 days, that averages 6.32 caches per day, 44.25 caches per week,  192.3 caches per month.

            His cache affair is a wondrous thing
            That we'll rejoice in remembering
            Our love was born with the first cache faced
            And a page was torn out of time and space

            His cache affair, it will always be
            A flame to burn through eternity
            So take mark his stats with a fervent prayer
            That he may seek on, and he may share
            A cache affair to remember

            Way to go, Paul!!!!

            BarbJ/Tygress

            Suddenly, high above the crowd, Ralph thought, "I'm an old dog, and this is a new trick." --Gary Larsen; The Far Side