Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] A 5K AFFAIR TO REMEMBER!

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12, 2007

      5000! 5K! And on a buried in silt Spring Loaded?

      Way to go, HiDude!!!

      Russ the waterweasel

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 12, 2007

        Cool to know it didn't get all washed away!!!!

        On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:40:07 -0500 (GMT-05:00) Russ Jernigan <waterweasel@...> writes:

[...]

        @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
        Suddenly, high above the crowd, Ralph thought, "I'm an old dog, and this is a new trick." --Gary Larsen; The Far Side
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 12, 2007
          Paul - that's quite amazing. I really cannot conceive of caching at
          this rate. I find averaging one a day (one sixth of your rate) the
          most I can manage and stay sane. Candy didn't mention the over 700
          FTFs you have in that 5,000.

          Congratulations!

          And thanks too for always helping out when I call or text you for
          assistance! :-)

          Mike

          <candylind@...> wrote:

          > FOR FIND NUMBER 5000!!!!
          > WOO -- HOOOOOO!
          >
          > It's dogged determination like this that has brought Paul to the point
          > where he has found 5000 caches in a mere 2 years and 2 months ... for
          > 791 days, that averages 6.32 caches per day, 44.25 caches per week,
          > 192.3 caches per month.

        • Deborah Albers
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 13, 2007
            Congratulations my love.
            I am glad I could be there with you when you hit 5K, and boy did you work
            for it!
            I'll plan a celebration event for the Saturday morning after Labor Day.
            Mark your calendars everyone :)

            Mrs_HiDude

            >From: "Candy Lind" <candylind@...>
            >To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] A 5K AFFAIR TO REMEMBER!
            >Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 02:20:20 -0000
            >
            >Well not really an AFFAIR ... it was all in the family, after all!
            >
            >We talked to HiDude_98 this afternoon while we were at Muddy Buddies
            >25th anniversary party in Houston. He (with help from wife Deb, and
            >support from his niece, mother-in-law, and daughter KatyDude) was
            >looking for whatever help we could give with "Spring Loaded". We told
            >him our experience with it; we made sure he'd read the notes about the
            >difficulty Indigo Parrish had with it in June, and we all realized, with
            >all the flooding we'd had since, that it was most likely buried in silt
            >on the bottom again.
            >
            >A while later, we got a sad note from Paul that he and Deb were giving
            >up for a while, to take KatyDude, his niece and Deb's mom home, but were
            >determined to come back and look some more.
            >
            >Armed with goggles this time, he and Deb got back to Barton Springs and
            >set out to find it again. This time, SUCCESS!!
            >
            >FOR FIND NUMBER 5000!!!!
            >WOO -- HOOOOOO!
            >
            >It's dogged determination like this that has brought Paul to the point
            >where he has found 5000 caches in a mere 2 years and 2 months ... for
            >791 days, that averages 6.32 caches per day, 44.25 caches per week,
            >192.3 caches per month.
            >

            >CAN YOU SAY OBSESSED?????
            >
            >I don't know of many of us who could cache to this level for this length
            >of time. Congratulations, Paul on this phenomenal accomplishment! And
            >congrats to Deb for not killing you (or geoMire) somewhere along the
            >way! [;)]
            >
            >Happy Trails!
            >Candy

            See what you�re getting into�before you go there
            http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_preview_0507
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 13, 2007
              Candy wrote:
              It's dogged determination like this that has brought Paul to the point where he has found 5000 caches in a mere 2 years and 2 months ... for 791 days, that averages 6.32 caches per day, 44.25 caches per week,  192.3 caches per month.

              His cache affair is a wondrous thing
              That we'll rejoice in remembering
              Our love was born with the first cache faced
              And a page was torn out of time and space

              His cache affair, it will always be
              A flame to burn through eternity
              So take mark his stats with a fervent prayer
              That he may seek on, and he may share
              A cache affair to remember

              Way to go, Paul!!!!

              BarbJ/Tygress

              Suddenly, high above the crowd, Ralph thought, "I'm an old dog, and this is a new trick." --Gary Larsen; The Far Side