A 5K AFFAIR TO REMEMBER!

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12, 2007
      Well not really an AFFAIR ... it was all in the family, after all!

      We talked to HiDude_98 this afternoon while we were at Muddy Buddies 25th anniversary party in Houston. He (with help from wife Deb, and support from his niece, mother-in-law, and daughter KatyDude) was looking for whatever help we could give with "Spring Loaded". We told him our experience with it; we made sure he'd read the notes about the difficulty Indigo Parrish had with it in June, and we all realized, with all the flooding we'd had since, that it was most likely buried in silt on the bottom again.

      A while later, we got a sad note from Paul that he and Deb were giving up for a while, to take KatyDude, his niece and Deb's mom home, but were determined to come back and look some more.

      Armed with goggles this time, he and Deb got back to Barton Springs and set out to find it again. This time, SUCCESS!!

      FOR FIND NUMBER 5000!!!!
      WOO -- HOOOOOO!

      It's dogged determination like this that has brought Paul to the point where he has found 5000 caches in a mere 2 years and 2 months ... for 791 days, that averages 6.32 caches per day, 44.25 caches per week,  192.3 caches per month.

      CAN YOU SAY OBSESSED?????

      I don't know of many of us who could cache to this level for this length of time. Congratulations, Paul on this phenomenal accomplishment! And congrats to Deb for not killing you (or geoMire) somewhere along the way! ;)

      Happy Trails!
      Candy

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 12, 2007

        5000! 5K! And on a buried in silt Spring Loaded?

        Way to go, HiDude!!!

        Russ the waterweasel

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 12, 2007

          Cool to know it didn't get all washed away!!!!

          On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:40:07 -0500 (GMT-05:00) Russ Jernigan <waterweasel@...> writes:

[...]

          @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
          Suddenly, high above the crowd, Ralph thought, "I'm an old dog, and this is a new trick." --Gary Larsen; The Far Side
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 12, 2007
            Paul - that's quite amazing. I really cannot conceive of caching at
            this rate. I find averaging one a day (one sixth of your rate) the
            most I can manage and stay sane. Candy didn't mention the over 700
            FTFs you have in that 5,000.

            Congratulations!

            And thanks too for always helping out when I call or text you for
            assistance! :-)

            Mike

            <candylind@...> wrote:

            > FOR FIND NUMBER 5000!!!!
            > WOO -- HOOOOOO!
            >
            > It's dogged determination like this that has brought Paul to the point
            > where he has found 5000 caches in a mere 2 years and 2 months ... for
            > 791 days, that averages 6.32 caches per day, 44.25 caches per week,
            > 192.3 caches per month.

          • Deborah Albers
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 13, 2007
              Congratulations my love.
              I am glad I could be there with you when you hit 5K, and boy did you work
              for it!
              I'll plan a celebration event for the Saturday morning after Labor Day.
              Mark your calendars everyone :)

              Mrs_HiDude

              >From: "Candy Lind" <candylind@...>
              >To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] A 5K AFFAIR TO REMEMBER!
              >Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 02:20:20 -0000
              >
              >Well not really an AFFAIR ... it was all in the family, after all!
              >
              >We talked to HiDude_98 this afternoon while we were at Muddy Buddies
              >25th anniversary party in Houston. He (with help from wife Deb, and
              >support from his niece, mother-in-law, and daughter KatyDude) was
              >looking for whatever help we could give with "Spring Loaded". We told
              >him our experience with it; we made sure he'd read the notes about the
              >difficulty Indigo Parrish had with it in June, and we all realized, with
              >all the flooding we'd had since, that it was most likely buried in silt
              >on the bottom again.
              >
              >A while later, we got a sad note from Paul that he and Deb were giving
              >up for a while, to take KatyDude, his niece and Deb's mom home, but were
              >determined to come back and look some more.
              >
              >Armed with goggles this time, he and Deb got back to Barton Springs and
              >set out to find it again. This time, SUCCESS!!
              >
              >FOR FIND NUMBER 5000!!!!
              >WOO -- HOOOOOO!
              >
              >It's dogged determination like this that has brought Paul to the point
              >where he has found 5000 caches in a mere 2 years and 2 months ... for
              >791 days, that averages 6.32 caches per day, 44.25 caches per week,
              >192.3 caches per month.
              >

              >CAN YOU SAY OBSESSED?????
              >
              >I don't know of many of us who could cache to this level for this length
              >of time. Congratulations, Paul on this phenomenal accomplishment! And
              >congrats to Deb for not killing you (or geoMire) somewhere along the
              >way! [;)]
              >
              >Happy Trails!
              >Candy

              See what you�re getting into�before you go there
              http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_preview_0507
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 13, 2007
                Candy wrote:
                It's dogged determination like this that has brought Paul to the point where he has found 5000 caches in a mere 2 years and 2 months ... for 791 days, that averages 6.32 caches per day, 44.25 caches per week,  192.3 caches per month.

                His cache affair is a wondrous thing
                That we'll rejoice in remembering
                Our love was born with the first cache faced
                And a page was torn out of time and space

                His cache affair, it will always be
                A flame to burn through eternity
                So take mark his stats with a fervent prayer
                That he may seek on, and he may share
                A cache affair to remember

                Way to go, Paul!!!!

                BarbJ/Tygress

                Suddenly, high above the crowd, Ralph thought, "I'm an old dog, and this is a new trick." --Gary Larsen; The Far Side