Re: Guess who hit 500????

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Dukette <bjdukette@...> wrote:

      > So I'm thinking:
      > 1. Congrats, Banda; and
      > 2. Gotta change my password.
      > What a creepy feeling.
      > Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

      ROFLOLPMP!!!!
      She actually thinks I remember something from
      A WEEK AGO!!!!

      :)):((:p:*:D;;)
      Candy
      moosiegirl

    • Brent
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 13, 2007
        Thanks Candy! It's been fun, and thanks to everyone who hid caches for
        us to find! Now if someone could just supply some cooler weather! :)

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bjdukette"

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 13, 2007
          On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:15:15 -0000 "Brent" <brbapb@...> writes:
          > Thanks Candy! It's been fun, and thanks to everyone who hid caches
          > for
          > us to find! Now if someone could just supply some cooler weather!
          > :)
          >
          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bjdukette"
          > <bjdukette@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > BANDA did!
          > >
          > > Congrats, Brent and Amanda!
          > >
          > > Candy
          > > moosiegirl

          Congrats!!!!

          The big 5-zero-zero is a nifty milestone!!!!

          As for the weather....

          In Texas' climes there are certain times of day
          When all the citizens retire to drink sweet tea and perspire.
          It's a summer rule that even greatest fools obey,
          Because the sun is much too sultry
          And one withers under its ultry-
          violet ray.
          The natives gawk when the cachers leave their huts,
          Because they're obviously, definitely nuts!

          Mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun,
          The Fishermen don�t care to, Baseball fan wouldn�t dare to,
          Boaters and the camped out sleep firmly from twelve to one
          But Cacher-folk detest-a siesta.
          In the lakeside bars they've lovely screens to protect you from the
          glare.
          In the Garden isle see hats in plate style, which a cacher wouldn't wear.
          At twelve noon the house painters swoon and no further work is done,
          But mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun.

          It's such a surprise for the Muggle eyes to see,
          That even the Cacher most effete,
          Is clearly impervious to heat,
          When the Cacher rides in quest of the gold smiley
          The simple woodland creatures gawk
          From the beetle to the hawk
          At th' apparition they see.
          We just laugh and joke when we court heat stroke for fun
          We'd natter in the shade but have to run
          For there's another cache awaiting me ....
          Mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun.

          The toughest wild bandito can never understand it-o.
          In the Chihuahua, folks cry ha-hah, and into the ice cubes plunge
          They put their long neck 'Star down, and lie down.
          In East Texas swamps where the sun heats damps 'nuff to saute' man and
          beast
          The Cacher garb of the Caching sahib merely gets a bit more creased.
          In San Anton the tourists moan and for their hotel rooms run
          But mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun.

          Mad dogs and Cacher Folk go out in the midday sun.
          The boldest feathered buzzard would never take the hazard
          In Dallas very Alice makes a air conditioned shopping run
          In El Paso they will lasso the wandering fool.
          Off the Houston streets the folk retreat --
          there is peace from twelve till two.
          All those with clues lie 'round and snooze
          As if there's nothing else to do.
          In Abilene few are seen when the heat waves begin to run
          But mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun.

          Mad dogs and Cacher Folk go out in the midday sun.
          While others dumbly gaze into a heat-stroke induced haze
          A Cacher's ride is in mid-stride of that Power Run
          Park and grab needs a hot pad? We're not put off the chase
          The ammo box is melting rocks?
          Won't scare us from the place
          Oh you can stay out of sun's way
          And shade your pretty face
          But I'll be out and caching about, and call it all good fun
          'Cause mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun.

          Suddenly, high above the crowd, Ralph thought, "I'm an old dog, and this
          is a new trick." --Gary Larsen; The Far Side