Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Guess who hit 500????

  • Barbara Dukette
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
      So I'm thinking:

      1. Congrats, Banda; and

      2. Gotta change my password.

      What a creepy feeling.

      Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

      Candy Lind <candylind@...> wrote:

      --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "bjdukette" <bjdukette@.. .> wrote:

      > BANDA did!
      >
      > Congrats, Brent and Amanda!
      >
      > Candy
      > moosiegirl

      OOPS!!! Barbara was signed in to my computer LAST WEEKEND so we could set up her notifications to go to her phone. She's really gonna be surprised that she wrote this!  :">ROFL!:D

      Congrats again, BANDA!

      Candy
      moosiegirl
      (YAJJ)  <----guess what it means, win a black sheep coin!

      Got a little couch potato?

    • Candy Lind
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Dukette <bjdukette@...> wrote:

        > So I'm thinking:
        > 1. Congrats, Banda; and
        > 2. Gotta change my password.
        > What a creepy feeling.
        > Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

        ROFLOLPMP!!!!
        She actually thinks I remember something from
        A WEEK AGO!!!!

        :)):((:p:*:D;;)
        Candy
        moosiegirl

      • Brent
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 13, 2007
          Thanks Candy! It's been fun, and thanks to everyone who hid caches for
          us to find! Now if someone could just supply some cooler weather! :)

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 13, 2007
            On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:15:15 -0000 "Brent" <brbapb@...> writes:
            > Thanks Candy! It's been fun, and thanks to everyone who hid caches
            > for
            > us to find! Now if someone could just supply some cooler weather!
            > :)
            >
            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bjdukette"
            > <bjdukette@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > BANDA did!
            > >
            > > Congrats, Brent and Amanda!
            > >
            > > Candy
            > > moosiegirl

            Congrats!!!!

            The big 5-zero-zero is a nifty milestone!!!!

            As for the weather....

            In Texas' climes there are certain times of day
            When all the citizens retire to drink sweet tea and perspire.
            It's a summer rule that even greatest fools obey,
            Because the sun is much too sultry
            And one withers under its ultry-
            violet ray.
            The natives gawk when the cachers leave their huts,
            Because they're obviously, definitely nuts!

            Mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun,
            The Fishermen don�t care to, Baseball fan wouldn�t dare to,
            Boaters and the camped out sleep firmly from twelve to one
            But Cacher-folk detest-a siesta.
            In the lakeside bars they've lovely screens to protect you from the
            glare.
            In the Garden isle see hats in plate style, which a cacher wouldn't wear.
            At twelve noon the house painters swoon and no further work is done,
            But mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun.

            It's such a surprise for the Muggle eyes to see,
            That even the Cacher most effete,
            Is clearly impervious to heat,
            When the Cacher rides in quest of the gold smiley
            The simple woodland creatures gawk
            From the beetle to the hawk
            At th' apparition they see.
            We just laugh and joke when we court heat stroke for fun
            We'd natter in the shade but have to run
            For there's another cache awaiting me ....
            Mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun.

            The toughest wild bandito can never understand it-o.
            In the Chihuahua, folks cry ha-hah, and into the ice cubes plunge
            They put their long neck 'Star down, and lie down.
            In East Texas swamps where the sun heats damps 'nuff to saute' man and
            beast
            The Cacher garb of the Caching sahib merely gets a bit more creased.
            In San Anton the tourists moan and for their hotel rooms run
            But mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun.

            Mad dogs and Cacher Folk go out in the midday sun.
            The boldest feathered buzzard would never take the hazard
            In Dallas very Alice makes a air conditioned shopping run
            In El Paso they will lasso the wandering fool.
            Off the Houston streets the folk retreat --
            there is peace from twelve till two.
            All those with clues lie 'round and snooze
            As if there's nothing else to do.
            In Abilene few are seen when the heat waves begin to run
            But mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun.

            Mad dogs and Cacher Folk go out in the midday sun.
            While others dumbly gaze into a heat-stroke induced haze
            A Cacher's ride is in mid-stride of that Power Run
            Park and grab needs a hot pad? We're not put off the chase
            The ammo box is melting rocks?
            Won't scare us from the place
            Oh you can stay out of sun's way
            And shade your pretty face
            But I'll be out and caching about, and call it all good fun
            'Cause mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun.

            Suddenly, high above the crowd, Ralph thought, "I'm an old dog, and this
            is a new trick." --Gary Larsen; The Far Side