Re: Guess who hit 500????

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bjdukette" <bjdukette@...> wrote:

      > BANDA did!
      >
      > Congrats, Brent and Amanda!
      >
      > Candy
      > moosiegirl

      OOPS!!! Barbara was signed in to my computer LAST WEEKEND so we could set up her notifications to go to her phone. She's really gonna be surprised that she wrote this!  :">ROFL!:D

      Congrats again, BANDA!

      Candy
      moosiegirl
      (YAJJ)  <----guess what it means, win a black sheep coin!

    • Julie Perrine
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
        Outstanding!

        And that would be "Yet Another JoJo", Candy!

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
          > And that would be "Yet Another JoJo", Candy!
          > Julie
          > Mrs. Captain Picard

          Wayne actually beat you but he's disqualified because he can sneak
          into the box and get one any time he wants. :D

          Candy
          moosiegirl
        • Barbara Dukette
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
            So I'm thinking:

            1. Congrats, Banda; and

            2. Gotta change my password.

            What a creepy feeling.

            Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

            Candy Lind <candylind@...> wrote:

            --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "bjdukette" <bjdukette@.. .> wrote:

            > BANDA did!
            >
            > Congrats, Brent and Amanda!
            >
            > Candy
            > moosiegirl

            OOPS!!! Barbara was signed in to my computer LAST WEEKEND so we could set up her notifications to go to her phone. She's really gonna be surprised that she wrote this!  :">ROFL!:D

            Congrats again, BANDA!

            Candy
            moosiegirl
            (YAJJ)  <----guess what it means, win a black sheep coin!

            Got a little couch potato?

          • Candy Lind
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Dukette <bjdukette@...> wrote:

              > So I'm thinking:
              > 1. Congrats, Banda; and
              > 2. Gotta change my password.
              > What a creepy feeling.
              > Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

              ROFLOLPMP!!!!
              She actually thinks I remember something from
              A WEEK AGO!!!!

              :)):((:p:*:D;;)
              Candy
              moosiegirl

            • Brent
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 13, 2007
                Thanks Candy! It's been fun, and thanks to everyone who hid caches for
                us to find! Now if someone could just supply some cooler weather! :)

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 13, 2007
                  On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:15:15 -0000 "Brent" <brbapb@...> writes:
                  > Thanks Candy! It's been fun, and thanks to everyone who hid caches
                  > for
                  > us to find! Now if someone could just supply some cooler weather!
                  > :)
                  >
                  > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bjdukette"
                  > <bjdukette@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > BANDA did!
                  > >
                  > > Congrats, Brent and Amanda!
                  > >
                  > > Candy
                  > > moosiegirl

                  Congrats!!!!

                  The big 5-zero-zero is a nifty milestone!!!!

                  As for the weather....

                  In Texas' climes there are certain times of day
                  When all the citizens retire to drink sweet tea and perspire.
                  It's a summer rule that even greatest fools obey,
                  Because the sun is much too sultry
                  And one withers under its ultry-
                  violet ray.
                  The natives gawk when the cachers leave their huts,
                  Because they're obviously, definitely nuts!

                  Mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun,
                  The Fishermen don�t care to, Baseball fan wouldn�t dare to,
                  Boaters and the camped out sleep firmly from twelve to one
                  But Cacher-folk detest-a siesta.
                  In the lakeside bars they've lovely screens to protect you from the
                  glare.
                  In the Garden isle see hats in plate style, which a cacher wouldn't wear.
                  At twelve noon the house painters swoon and no further work is done,
                  But mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun.

                  It's such a surprise for the Muggle eyes to see,
                  That even the Cacher most effete,
                  Is clearly impervious to heat,
                  When the Cacher rides in quest of the gold smiley
                  The simple woodland creatures gawk
                  From the beetle to the hawk
                  At th' apparition they see.
                  We just laugh and joke when we court heat stroke for fun
                  We'd natter in the shade but have to run
                  For there's another cache awaiting me ....
                  Mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun.

                  The toughest wild bandito can never understand it-o.
                  In the Chihuahua, folks cry ha-hah, and into the ice cubes plunge
                  They put their long neck 'Star down, and lie down.
                  In East Texas swamps where the sun heats damps 'nuff to saute' man and
                  beast
                  The Cacher garb of the Caching sahib merely gets a bit more creased.
                  In San Anton the tourists moan and for their hotel rooms run
                  But mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun.

                  Mad dogs and Cacher Folk go out in the midday sun.
                  The boldest feathered buzzard would never take the hazard
                  In Dallas very Alice makes a air conditioned shopping run
                  In El Paso they will lasso the wandering fool.
                  Off the Houston streets the folk retreat --
                  there is peace from twelve till two.
                  All those with clues lie 'round and snooze
                  As if there's nothing else to do.
                  In Abilene few are seen when the heat waves begin to run
                  But mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun.

                  Mad dogs and Cacher Folk go out in the midday sun.
                  While others dumbly gaze into a heat-stroke induced haze
                  A Cacher's ride is in mid-stride of that Power Run
                  Park and grab needs a hot pad? We're not put off the chase
                  The ammo box is melting rocks?
                  Won't scare us from the place
                  Oh you can stay out of sun's way
                  And shade your pretty face
                  But I'll be out and caching about, and call it all good fun
                  'Cause mad dogs and Cacher-folk go out in the midday sun.

                  Suddenly, high above the crowd, Ralph thought, "I'm an old dog, and this
                  is a new trick." --Gary Larsen; The Far Side