Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: From the Horse's Mouth: Garmin Maps, unlocking, updates

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
      Dunno... Wayne followed US that stretch yesterday =g=

      Improved algorithms? LOL.
      http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=08573366-24ad-4d69-8721-221d
      9e534f63

      On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 04:57:07 -0000 "Mike"
      <geocaching@...> writes:
      > It does show Escarpment going through to Slaughter and the new
      > subdivision at the West end of Davies Lane. Not sure that's worth
      > $70
      > though.
      >
      > Garmin claim that many street and intersection names have been
      > updated
      > and corrected and that there are supposed to be 'hidden'
      > improvements
      > to the routing algorithms.
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Brent" <brbapb@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > So far I haven't found any updated roads in the Austin area. Has
      > > anyone seen anything new around here that would make it worth
      > forking
      > > over the $75 to unlock the "update"?

      Suddenly, high above the crowd, Ralph thought, "I'm an old dog, and this
      is a new trick." --Gary Larsen; The Far Side