Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Traveling by Air

    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 30, 2007
      Yup, exactly....

      On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:38:03 -0700 (PDT) Pete <peterhey2@...> writes:
      Well as i recall the mythbusters testing episode they were testing cellphones which is both a transmitter and receiver, and they had to boost the power way up to cause any problems. However no matter what, i believe in the safety of all aircraft in flight (i am a pilot myself) so whatever rules they set up and for whatever reason they set them up I will obey them. Like I said in my first post, I had the permission of the flight crew to use mine during that Vegas flight, and Southwest Airways specifically allowed the use of gps units aboard their flights (it was on their website at the time). However, knowing the sensitivity of other folks on the airplane who arent as educated as us geocachers, i made absolutely sure that all the flight crew knew about it, what it was and what I was doing with it. It sure generated a bunch of interest in the folks around me on the flight and I possibly converted a few of them to geocaching before the flight ended.

      Anyway just be safe and follow the rules and everything will work out.

      Paparazzi Pete of PetenMike