RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Veloway Event!

  • Mary Beth Booth
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 2, 2007
      Do scooters count?

      From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Barbara Dukette
      Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 8:59 AM
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Veloway Event!

      Julie,
      Think we could have a rollerblade 101 class before the event?
      Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

      Julie Perrine <mrscaptainpicard@ gmail.com> wrote:
      Gang,

      You're going to be seeing several caches pop up on the Veloway near Circle C in the next couple of weeks.  You MUST be on wheels to use the Veloway, so I've planned what I think will be a really fun event where we'll all converge on the Veloway with our bicycles or rollerblades on July 28.  That's a Saturday morning.

      Check out the cache page here:  http://tinyurl. com/35v3lb

      So get your bikes or rollerblades ready to go and we'll see you on the 28th!

    • Mary Beth Booth
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 2, 2007
        Hold the class on a different day & make that an event too.
        Mary Beth
        (emmy-n-sapphie)

        I’ll bet Trey would be glad to do something like that!

        Think we could have a rollerblade 101 class before the event?

        Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

        Julie Perrine <mrscaptainpicard@ gmail.com> wrote:

        Gang,

        You're going to be seeing several caches pop up on the Veloway near Circle C in the next couple of weeks.  You MUST be on wheels to use the Veloway, so I've planned what I think will be a really fun event where we'll all converge on the Veloway with our bicycles or rollerblades on July 28.  That's a Saturday morning.

        Check out the cache page here:  http://tinyurl. com/35v3lb

        So get your bikes or rollerblades ready to go and we'll see you on the 28th!

        with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile . Get started.

      • Perrine, Julie
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 2, 2007

          You’re really reaching, Mary Beth!  Would you like to borrow my bike for a loop around?  In fact, I will bring two bikes and make one available to the bikeless.   The long-legged bikeless should disregard this offer……  But I’m sure there will be others willing to share.

          Julie Perrine

          AMD Sales Finance

          512.602.7190

          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 2, 2007
            Thanks Julie for the offer - I will take you up on it. That should be fun to watch - last time I was on a bike I was in college which was so long ago that bike helmets hadn't even been invented yet. We'll see if the old saying is really true.
            Mary Beth (aka the short-legged bikeless)

            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 2, 2007
              Julie....Do you have an extra bike with training wheels? I am kinda
              like the old guy on "Laugh-in"...Keep falling over on my tricycle,LOL!
              Hey...How about a "Hot Wheels" LOL!

              Scott
            • Perrine, Julie
              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 2, 2007

                Pitiful, pitiful.

                For those planning to come, would you please indicate in your RSVP if you can either bring a bike for the deprived, or at least allow one of them to borrow yours for a loop or two?

                Oh, and I think I will make one more rule.  What is seen in Spandex at the Veloway, STAYS at the Veloway, yes?

                You all will thank me later!

                Message 7 of 29 , Jul 2, 2007
                  Woo-Hoo! Hunka-Hunka Burning Love!

                  Scott

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Perrine, Julie"
                  <julie.perrine@...> wrote:

                  > Pitiful, pitiful.
                  >

                  > For those planning to come, would you please indicate in your RSVP
                  if
                  > you can either bring a bike for the deprived, or at least allow one
                  of
                  > them to borrow yours for a loop or two?
                  >

                  > Oh, and I think I will make one more rule. What is seen in Spandex
                  at
                  > the Veloway, STAYS at the Veloway, yes?
                  >

                  > You all will thank me later!
                  >

                  > Julie
                  >
                  > Mrs. Captain Picard

                  Leake
                  > Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 10:17 AM
                  > To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Veloway Event!
                  >

                  > Julie....Do you have an extra bike with training wheels? I am kinda
                  > like the old guy on "Laugh-in"...Keep falling over on my
                  tricycle,LOL!
                  > Hey...How about a "Hot Wheels" LOL!
                  >
                  > Scott
                  >
                  > _._,___

                • Perrine, Julie
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 2, 2007

                    Don’t get too cocky, Scott!  I made that rule for, uh, YOUR OWN, protection!  LOL!

                    Julie Perrine

                    AMD Sales Finance

                    512.602.7190

                    > For those planning to come, would you please indicate in your RSVP
                    if
                    > you can either bring a bike for the deprived, or at least allow one
                    of
                    > them to borrow yours for a loop or two?
                    >

                    > Oh, and I think I will make one more rule. What is seen in Spandex
                    at
                    > the Veloway, STAYS at the Veloway, yes?
                    >

                    > You all will thank me later!
                    >

                    > Julie
                    >
                    > Mrs. Captain Picard
                    >

                    > From: CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com

                  • Scott Leake
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 2, 2007
                      LOL!!! Trust me...I will NOT be sporting the latest fashion(s) made
                      from Spandex! Yes...now the audience can wildly clap for that
                      decision! BTW...Good seeing ya'll on the trails Saturday morning! The
                      matching tee-shirts were way cool!

                      <julie.perrine@...> wrote:

                      > Don't get too cocky, Scott! I made that rule for, uh, YOUR OWN,
                      > protection! LOL!
                      >

                      > Julie Perrine
                      >
                      > AMD Sales Finance
                      >
                      > 512.602.7190
                      >
                      > ________________________________

                      Julie"
                      > <julie.perrine@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Pitiful, pitiful.
                      > >

                      > > For those planning to come, would you please indicate in your
                      RSVP
                      > if
                      > > you can either bring a bike for the deprived, or at least allow
                      one
                      > of
                      > > them to borrow yours for a loop or two?
                      > >

                      > > Oh, and I think I will make one more rule. What is seen in
                      Spandex
                      > at
                      > > the Veloway, STAYS at the Veloway, yes?
                      > >

                      > > You all will thank me later!
                      > >

                      > > Julie
                      > >
                      > > Mrs. Captain Picard
                      > >

                      > > From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                      > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>
                      > > [mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                      Scott
                      > Leake
                      > > Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 10:17 AM
                      > > To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                      > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>
                      > > Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Veloway Event!
                      > >

                      > > Julie....Do you have an extra bike with training wheels? I am
                      kinda
                      > > like the old guy on "Laugh-in"...Keep falling over on my
                      > tricycle,LOL!
                      > > Hey...How about a "Hot Wheels" LOL!
                      > >
                      > > Scott
                      > >
                      > > _._,___

                    • Mary Beth Booth
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jul 2, 2007
                        Spandex?? !Nobody siad anything about spandex.

                          Message 12 of 29 , Jul 2, 2007
                            Spandex?! We don't need no stinkin' spandex!  We're the GeoCachers! <G>

                              Message 14 of 29 , Jul 2, 2007
                                Hey Barry, I am just glad I am still alive at the age I am....and can
                                still remeber that stuff from the 70's...LOL! I knew that message
                                would go right over some folks heads....

                                Scott

                                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Doc <bcwatson@...>

                                Message 15 of 29 , Jul 2, 2007

                                  This from the guy THINKING about auditioning for CATS

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jul 2, 2007

                                    I for one would LOVE to see Scott in spandex!!!

                                    Can I see a show of hands of those that are with me???

                                    Penny
                                    cpnowak

                                    Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 5:22 PM

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jul 2, 2007
                                      Not gonna happen.....I bought a pair of Spandex socks one time. Sat
                                      down to put them on. I got the first one on about halfway up my
                                      foot,lost my grip,and that thing shot off like a sidewinder
                                      rocket,glanced off the lamp, and darn near killed the dog! I am NOT
                                      allowed to play with Spandex anymore.....The dog still walks with a
                                      limp........

                                      Scott

                                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris, Penny, Logan
                                      and Liahm" <nowak@...> wrote:

                                      > I for one would LOVE to see Scott in spandex!!!
                                      >
                                      > Can I see a show of hands of those that are with me???
                                      >
                                      > Penny
                                      > cpnowak
                                      >
                                      > Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Gabriel and Princess Jewel Nowak

                                    • Anthony V
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jul 3, 2007
                                        If I was Dorthy..... YOU CAN WEAR SPANDEX!!!!!!
                                        Come on Scott!!!!!

                                        Anthony

                                        Liahm" <nowak@...> wrote:

                                        > I for one would LOVE to see Scott in spandex!!!
                                        >
                                        > Can I see a show of hands of those that are with me???
                                        >
                                        > Penny
                                        > cpnowak
                                        >
                                        > Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Gabriel and Princess Jewel Nowak

                                        Yahoo! Groups Links
                                      • Doc

                                          Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 5:22 PM

                                          @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@,.-:* '``'*:-., @
                                          Have you ever noticed?  Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac. -- (attributed to) George Carlin

                                          in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
                                          to find your fit.

                                        • Richard Young
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Jul 3, 2007
                                            I plan to be there and yes I'll be wearing spandex!
                                            Cache on,
                                            Blizzard

                                            wrote:

                                            > I for one would LOVE to see Scott in spandex!!!
                                            >
                                            > Can I see a show of hands of those that are with
                                            > me???
                                            >
                                            > Penny
                                            > cpnowak
                                            >
                                            > Chris, Penny, Logan, Liahm, Gabriel and Princess
                                            > Jewel Nowak

                                            Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Jul 3, 2007

                                              Yeah, but the problem is, it was me (Russ) that Barb was teasing about Cats.  And you DON'T want to see me in spandex . . .

                                              Russ the waterweasel

                                              Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 5:22 PM

                                              Message 22 of 29 , Jul 3, 2007
                                                At 08:48 AM 7/3/2007, you wrote:

                                                >Yeah, but the problem is, it was me (Russ) that Barb was teasing
                                                >about Cats. And you DON'T want to see me in spandex . . .
                                                >
                                                >Russ the waterweasel

                                                Waterweasel & Slytherin - The Spandex Twins. Who could sell tickets :)

                                                alex
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Jul 3, 2007

                                                  Hey, nobody said MONEY was involved!! <G>

                                                  Russ the waterweasel

                                                  >Yeah, but the problem is, it was me (Russ) that Barb was teasing
                                                  >about Cats. And you DON'T want to see me in spandex . . .
                                                  >
                                                  >Russ the waterweasel

                                                  Waterweasel & Slytherin - The Spandex Twins. Who could sell tickets :)

                                                  alex

                                                • semperquestio
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Jul 3, 2007
                                                    I'd be there but you REALLY don't wanna see me on a bicycle OR in a
                                                    spandex kilt!
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Jul 3, 2007
                                                      SPLURT!!!!

                                                      dang, coffee's tough to get out of a keyboard.

                                                      On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:04:15 -0500 Alex Alexander <alex@...>
                                                      writes:
                                                      > At 08:48 AM 7/3/2007, you wrote:
                                                      >
                                                      > >Yeah, but the problem is, it was me (Russ) that Barb was teasing
                                                      > >about Cats. And you DON'T want to see me in spandex . . .
                                                      > >
                                                      > >Russ the waterweasel
                                                      >
                                                      > Waterweasel & Slytherin - The Spandex Twins. Who could sell tickets
                                                      > :)
                                                      >
                                                      > alex

                                                      Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and
                                                      anyone going faster is a maniac. -- (attributed to) George Carlin
                                                    • Candy Lind
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Jul 5, 2007
                                                        My plan is to bring my STATIONARY RECUMBENT BIKE (BTW Great Bike,
                                                        BobChernow!) ... I will have sneaked in on foot at 0200 the night
                                                        before to nab the caches ...

                                                        Candy