Hot Potato game and GC emails dead

  • Kevin Mefford
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2007
      Well, Mr. Murphy has reared his ugly head.

      As I prepared to see the launch of the game, I notice that
      geocaching.com email notifications are dead in the water.

      So far, I'm not receiving any notices of entries to the TB page and
      that means that my scoring scripts won't function.

      Please make sure that as a backup, any time you log the Mr. Hot Potato
      travel bug PLACEMENT, list the time in your log. This is the time
      you're making the log entry, NOT the time you placed the bug.

      I apologize for the inconvenience, but wouldn't you know, this would
      be the weekend that the GC email servers decide to go on strike.

      BTW, not sure if the insta-notify is working either, so here's the
      location of my just-published cache that is holding the TB:
      http://tinyurl.com/2gmeb9

      Park gates open at 7am.

      Good luck to both teams!!!

      Kevin