RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Help with 60CSx SD card

  • Mary Beth Booth
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
      So now I need a whole new microSD card. What's the size limit that the 60CSx can handle & any recommendations for one brand versus another?

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
        I KNOW they were tested and approved up to 1GB, but I think I recall
        seeing they were recently approved up to 2GB as well. I would not
        swear to that in court, however.

        As for brand I generally stick with SanDisk. I've always had good
        performance and long life out of them all the way back to when they
        were making 8" diskettes. (Yes, I'm that old and have been in the
        business at LEAST that long!)

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Beth Booth"
        <mbb2001@...> wrote:

        > So now I need a whole new microSD card. What's the size limit that
        the 60CSx
        > can handle & any recommendations for one brand versus another?
        >
        > _____

        Jernigan

        <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48249/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_
        > mail&p=graduation+gifts&cs=bz> for grads at Yahoo! Search.
        >

        > @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
        > Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry
        past it.
        > --Soren Kierkegaard

      • Mary Beth Booth
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
          Thanks.

          href="mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com">CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com

          <mbb2001@... > wrote:

          > All my streets disappeared from
          my GPS which was strange. So I tried to
          > load 'em back using Mapsource,
          but I get the following error: The
          > required memory for storing maps is
          missing from your GPS.

          > I tried to get the SD card out (I even
          resorted to getting the book out
          > & reading the directions), but it
          seems to be stuck in there.

          > Has anyone had this problem? Any
          advice? Thanks.
          > Mary Beth
          > (emmy-n-sapphie)
          >

          > _____
          >
          > Luggage?
          GPS? Comic books?

          > Most men pursue pleasure
          with such breathless haste that they hurry
          past it.
          > --Soren
          Kierkegaard

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 9, 2007
            I remember 8-inchers....
            And think it's a SanDisc 5.25 that I have a copy of DOS 0.85 on.... ;-P