Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Benchmarking contest

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hide the phasers.....

      On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 14:19:34 -0500 "Perrine, Julie" <julie.perrine@...> writes:

      LOL!  You sound like me, Barry!  When the guy ahead of me on the world list had quadruple bypass surgery, I wrote him an “eat my dust” email, jokingly of course!  He recovered enough to go to GeoWoodstock this year, so I can’t be slacking off.  I’m at 17 in the world right now, and I can vouch for how fun it is to see the guy in front of you fall!  (off a cliff, preferably!)

      JUST KIDDING OF COURSE (UH HUH!)

      Julie

    • Doc
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2007
        I am...  (When I want to....)   But seriously, he is almost 100 over me now.  That means I will have to get about 200 this weekend and I've never come close that rate yet.  So, had to see what I could get out of a GSAK macro to help me out some....

        The real points is when you find one that a previous person logged DNF though....
        Or they logged the wrong one...

        So, in going after ones I'm sure will be there, will mean that I will have to get lots more.  But I don't want to spend a lot of time looking for one that a previous person couldn't find only to find there was a good reason, like it was destroyed...

        I think I will leave for Houston this evening, do some recoveries and then get a room w/internet so I can log them and then get up before sun up to an 18+hour day.  Go back to the room and then do as many Sunday as I can before I have to head for home and get them all logged in...

        Vive le competicion!

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007

          So, How’d it go?

          Julie Perrine

          AMD Sales Finance

          512.602.7190

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007
            The scores haven't been totaled yet... but I don't think I even got 100 for the whole weekend...   lots of missing benchmarks eating up my time....   those darn logo caps are really hard to find...

            "Perrine, Julie" <julie.perrine@...> wrote:
            So, How’d it go?
            Julie Perrine
            AMD Sales Finance
            512.602.7190

            I have written a macro in GSAK to flag all the benchmarks that I have found, could not find (don't want to revisit those) and those whose last log were "Not Found" or were "Found before 1997".    Then I'm left with benchmarks that I have a good chance of finding....
            So with that, I hope to get some good numbers this weekend...  we'll see....
            I might just head out tonight so I can get a room and start off early....
            ,___

            Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

            in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
            to find your fit.