RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Benchmarking contest

  • Perrine, Julie
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2007

      LOL!  You sound like me, Barry!  When the guy ahead of me on the world list had quadruple bypass surgery, I wrote him an “eat my dust” email, jokingly of course!  He recovered enough to go to GeoWoodstock this year, so I can’t be slacking off.  I’m at 17 in the world right now, and I can vouch for how fun it is to see the guy in front of you fall!  (off a cliff, preferably!)

      JUST KIDDING OF COURSE (UH HUH!)

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2007
        Hide the phasers.....

        On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 14:19:34 -0500 "Perrine, Julie" <julie.perrine@...> writes:

        LOL!  You sound like me, Barry!  When the guy ahead of me on the world list had quadruple bypass surgery, I wrote him an “eat my dust” email, jokingly of course!  He recovered enough to go to GeoWoodstock this year, so I can’t be slacking off.  I’m at 17 in the world right now, and I can vouch for how fun it is to see the guy in front of you fall!  (off a cliff, preferably!)

        JUST KIDDING OF COURSE (UH HUH!)

        Julie

      • Doc
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2007
          I am...  (When I want to....)   But seriously, he is almost 100 over me now.  That means I will have to get about 200 this weekend and I've never come close that rate yet.  So, had to see what I could get out of a GSAK macro to help me out some....

          The real points is when you find one that a previous person logged DNF though....
          Or they logged the wrong one...

          So, in going after ones I'm sure will be there, will mean that I will have to get lots more.  But I don't want to spend a lot of time looking for one that a previous person couldn't find only to find there was a good reason, like it was destroyed...

          I think I will leave for Houston this evening, do some recoveries and then get a room w/internet so I can log them and then get up before sun up to an 18+hour day.  Go back to the room and then do as many Sunday as I can before I have to head for home and get them all logged in...

          Vive le competicion!

          "Perrine, Julie" <julie.perrine@...> wrote:
          LOL!  You sound like me, Barry!  When the guy ahead of me on the world list had quadruple bypass surgery, I wrote him an “eat my dust” email, jokingly of course!  He recovered enough to go to GeoWoodstock this year, so I can’t be slacking off.  I’m at 17 in the world right now, and I can vouch for how fun it is to see the guy in front of you fall!  (off a cliff, preferably!)
          JUST KIDDING OF COURSE (UH HUH!)
          I have written a macro in GSAK to flag all the benchmarks that I have found, could not find (don't want to revisit those) and those whose last log were "Not Found" or were "Found before 1997".    Then I'm left with benchmarks that I have a good chance of finding....
          So with that, I hope to get some good numbers this weekend...  we'll see....
          I might just head out tonight so I can get a room and start off early....
          ,___

          Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

        • Perrine, Julie
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007

            So, How’d it go?

            Julie Perrine

            AMD Sales Finance

            512.602.7190

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007
              The scores haven't been totaled yet... but I don't think I even got 100 for the whole weekend...   lots of missing benchmarks eating up my time....   those darn logo caps are really hard to find...

              "Perrine, Julie" <julie.perrine@...> wrote:
              So, How’d it go?
              Julie Perrine
              AMD Sales Finance
              512.602.7190

              I have written a macro in GSAK to flag all the benchmarks that I have found, could not find (don't want to revisit those) and those whose last log were "Not Found" or were "Found before 1997".    Then I'm left with benchmarks that I have a good chance of finding....
              So with that, I hope to get some good numbers this weekend...  we'll see....
              I might just head out tonight so I can get a room and start off early....
              ,___

              Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

              in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
              to find your fit.