RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Help with 60CSx SD card

  • Mary Beth Booth
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
      I am able to lft the holder up, but the card is stuck in there. Plus the unit is clearly not reading the card. And I had never messed with the card or holder at all  before all my streets disappeared off my screen.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
        They jog loose... hardware is skanky that way.
        The fact that it's jammed just adds to the suspicious circumstances imho

        On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 10:47:43 -0500 "Mary Beth Booth" <mbb2001@...> writes:
[...]

        Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it. --Soren Kierkegaard
      • Mary Beth Booth
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
          So now I need a whole new microSD card. What's the size limit that the 60CSx can handle & any recommendations for one brand versus another?

          On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 10:47:43 -0500 "Mary Beth Booth" <mbb2001@flash. net> writes:
[...]

          @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@,.-:* '``'*:-., @
          Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it. --Soren Kierkegaard

        • semperquestio
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
            I KNOW they were tested and approved up to 1GB, but I think I recall
            seeing they were recently approved up to 2GB as well. I would not
            swear to that in court, however.

            As for brand I generally stick with SanDisk. I've always had good
            performance and long life out of them all the way back to when they
            were making 8" diskettes. (Yes, I'm that old and have been in the
            business at LEAST that long!)

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Beth Booth"
            <mbb2001@...> wrote:

            > So now I need a whole new microSD card. What's the size limit that
            the 60CSx
            > can handle & any recommendations for one brand versus another?
            >
            > _____

            Jernigan

            <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48249/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_
            > mail&p=graduation+gifts&cs=bz> for grads at Yahoo! Search.
            >

            > @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
            > Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry
            past it.
            > --Soren Kierkegaard

          • Mary Beth Booth
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
              Thanks.

              href="mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com">CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com

              <mbb2001@... > wrote:

              > All my streets disappeared from
              my GPS which was strange. So I tried to
              > load 'em back using Mapsource,
              but I get the following error: The
              > required memory for storing maps is
              missing from your GPS.

              > I tried to get the SD card out (I even
              resorted to getting the book out
              > & reading the directions), but it
              seems to be stuck in there.

              > Has anyone had this problem? Any
              advice? Thanks.
              > Mary Beth
              > (emmy-n-sapphie)
              >

              > _____
              >
              > Luggage?
              GPS? Comic books?
              > Check out fitting gifts

              <http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ evt=48249/ *http://search. yahoo.com/ search?fr= oni_on_

              mail&p=graduation+ gifts&cs= bz> for grads at Yahoo! Search.

              > Most men pursue pleasure
              with such breathless haste that they hurry
              past it.
              > --Soren
              Kierkegaard

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 9, 2007
                I remember 8-inchers....
                And think it's a SanDisc 5.25 that I have a copy of DOS 0.85 on.... ;-P