RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Help with 60CSx SD card

  • Mary Beth Booth
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
      I am able to lft the holder up, but the card is stuck in there. Plus the unit is clearly not reading the card. And I had never messed with the card or holder at all  before all my streets disappeared off my screen.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
        When mine disappear it's because my card isn't plugged in correctly -- I
        have the inverse problem -- it comes loose.
        But, yeah, I think you've zeroed in on the culprit.
        maybe a pen knife?
        Good luck

        On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:47:20 -0000 "emmy_n_sapphie" <mbb2001@...>
        writes:
        > All my streets disappeared from my GPS which was strange. So I tried
        > load 'em back using Mapsource, but I get the following error: The
        > required memory for storing maps is missing from your GPS.
        >
        > I tried to get the SD card out (I even resorted to getting the book
        > out
        > & reading the directions), but it seems to be stuck in there.
        >
        > Has anyone had this problem? Any advice? Thanks.
        > Mary Beth
        > (emmy-n-sapphie)

        Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past
        it. --Soren Kierkegaard
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
          They jog loose... hardware is skanky that way.
          The fact that it's jammed just adds to the suspicious circumstances imho

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
            So now I need a whole new microSD card. What's the size limit that the 60CSx can handle & any recommendations for one brand versus another?

            On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 10:47:43 -0500 "Mary Beth Booth" <mbb2001@flash. net> writes:
[...]

            @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@,.-:* '``'*:-., @
            Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it. --Soren Kierkegaard

          • semperquestio
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
              I KNOW they were tested and approved up to 1GB, but I think I recall
              seeing they were recently approved up to 2GB as well. I would not
              swear to that in court, however.

              As for brand I generally stick with SanDisk. I've always had good
              performance and long life out of them all the way back to when they
              were making 8" diskettes. (Yes, I'm that old and have been in the
              business at LEAST that long!)

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Beth Booth"
              <mbb2001@...> wrote:

              > So now I need a whole new microSD card. What's the size limit that
              the 60CSx
              > can handle & any recommendations for one brand versus another?
              >
              > _____

              Jernigan

              <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48249/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_
              > mail&p=graduation+gifts&cs=bz> for grads at Yahoo! Search.
              >

              > @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
              > Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry
              past it.
              > --Soren Kierkegaard

            • Mary Beth Booth
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
                Thanks.

                href="mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com">CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com

                <mbb2001@... > wrote:

                > All my streets disappeared from
                my GPS which was strange. So I tried to
                > load 'em back using Mapsource,
                but I get the following error: The
                > required memory for storing maps is
                missing from your GPS.

                > I tried to get the SD card out (I even
                resorted to getting the book out
                > & reading the directions), but it
                seems to be stuck in there.

                > Has anyone had this problem? Any
                advice? Thanks.
                > Mary Beth
                > (emmy-n-sapphie)
                >

                > _____
                >
                > Luggage?
                GPS? Comic books?
                > Check out fitting gifts

                <http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ evt=48249/ *http://search. yahoo.com/ search?fr= oni_on_

                mail&p=graduation+ gifts&cs= bz> for grads at Yahoo! Search.

                > Most men pursue pleasure
                with such breathless haste that they hurry
                past it.
                > --Soren
                Kierkegaard

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 9, 2007
                  I remember 8-inchers....
                  And think it's a SanDisc 5.25 that I have a copy of DOS 0.85 on.... ;-P