Help with 60CSx SD card

  • emmy_n_sapphie
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
      All my streets disappeared from my GPS which was strange. So I tried to
      load 'em back using Mapsource, but I get the following error: The
      required memory for storing maps is missing from your GPS.

      I tried to get the SD card out (I even resorted to getting the book out
      & reading the directions), but it seems to be stuck in there.

      Has anyone had this problem? Any advice? Thanks.
      Mary Beth
      (emmy-n-sapphie)
    • Doc
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
        You know you have to slide the little holder to unlock it before you lift it, right?
        After you have slid the holder towards the top, then you should be able to lift the end of the holder nearest the bottom of the unit up to get access to the card.

        emmy_n_sapphie <mbb2001@...> wrote:
        All my streets disappeared from my GPS which was strange. So I tried to
        load 'em back using Mapsource, but I get the following error: The
        required memory for storing maps is missing from your GPS.

        I tried to get the SD card out (I even resorted to getting the book out
        & reading the directions), but it seems to be stuck in there.

        Has anyone had this problem? Any advice? Thanks.
        Mary Beth
        (emmy-n-sapphie)

        Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

      • Mary Beth Booth
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
          I am able to lft the holder up, but the card is stuck in there. Plus the unit is clearly not reading the card. And I had never messed with the card or holder at all  before all my streets disappeared off my screen.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
            When mine disappear it's because my card isn't plugged in correctly -- I
            have the inverse problem -- it comes loose.
            But, yeah, I think you've zeroed in on the culprit.
            maybe a pen knife?
            Good luck

            On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:47:20 -0000 "emmy_n_sapphie" <mbb2001@...>
            writes:
            > All my streets disappeared from my GPS which was strange. So I tried
            > load 'em back using Mapsource, but I get the following error: The
            > required memory for storing maps is missing from your GPS.
            >
            > I tried to get the SD card out (I even resorted to getting the book
            > out
            > & reading the directions), but it seems to be stuck in there.
            >
            > Has anyone had this problem? Any advice? Thanks.
            > Mary Beth
            > (emmy-n-sapphie)

            Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past
            it. --Soren Kierkegaard
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
              They jog loose... hardware is skanky that way.
              The fact that it's jammed just adds to the suspicious circumstances imho

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
                So now I need a whole new microSD card. What's the size limit that the 60CSx can handle & any recommendations for one brand versus another?

                On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 10:47:43 -0500 "Mary Beth Booth" <mbb2001@flash. net> writes:
[...]

                @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@,.-:* '``'*:-., @
                Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it. --Soren Kierkegaard

              • semperquestio
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
                  I KNOW they were tested and approved up to 1GB, but I think I recall
                  seeing they were recently approved up to 2GB as well. I would not
                  swear to that in court, however.

                  As for brand I generally stick with SanDisk. I've always had good
                  performance and long life out of them all the way back to when they
                  were making 8" diskettes. (Yes, I'm that old and have been in the
                  business at LEAST that long!)

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Beth Booth"
                  <mbb2001@...> wrote:

                  > So now I need a whole new microSD card. What's the size limit that
                  the 60CSx
                  > can handle & any recommendations for one brand versus another?
                  >
                  > _____

                  Jernigan

                  <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48249/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_
                  > mail&p=graduation+gifts&cs=bz> for grads at Yahoo! Search.
                  >

                  > @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                  > Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry
                  past it.
                  > --Soren Kierkegaard

                • Mary Beth Booth
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
                    Thanks.

                    href="mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com">CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com

                    <mbb2001@... > wrote:

                    > All my streets disappeared from
                    my GPS which was strange. So I tried to
                    > load 'em back using Mapsource,
                    but I get the following error: The
                    > required memory for storing maps is
                    missing from your GPS.

                    > I tried to get the SD card out (I even
                    resorted to getting the book out
                    > & reading the directions), but it
                    seems to be stuck in there.

                    > Has anyone had this problem? Any
                    advice? Thanks.
                    > Mary Beth
                    > (emmy-n-sapphie)
                    >

                    > _____
                    >
                    > Luggage?
                    GPS? Comic books?
                    > Check out fitting gifts

                    <http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ evt=48249/ *http://search. yahoo.com/ search?fr= oni_on_

                    mail&p=graduation+ gifts&cs= bz> for grads at Yahoo! Search.

                    > Most men pursue pleasure
                    with such breathless haste that they hurry
                    past it.
                    > --Soren
                    Kierkegaard

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 9, 2007
                      I remember 8-inchers....
                      And think it's a SanDisc 5.25 that I have a copy of DOS 0.85 on.... ;-P