FWD: Pointless Picnics - a new phenomena

  • Jack Glantzberg
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2007
      This popped up in one of my other Yahoo groups. Sounds neat.

      FWD: Pointless Picnics - a new phenomena

      Please read the whole message

      Please Fwd to your contacts
      This is a very interesting project - check it out
      ………………………………............................

      Venue: A Picnic Spot In Your Local Town, City Or Village.

      Time: Midday Every Sunday
      Place: Everywhere Picnickable on Our Planet

      Pointless Picnics are to be held every Sunday at Midday, providing
      the weather is fine. They offer an opportunity to get away from the
      consumer work ethic.
      Tell your friends to tell their friends and come along to share your
      food, play music and games or just relax.

      There is no reason for the picnics they're just something you don't
      have to think about, enjoy them, they're fun.

      The time of 12 noon (local) has been arranged to avoid the need for
      organisation. Everyone is welcome and don't forget..... it's just a
      Global Picnic!

      The idea behind the picnics is to give us the
      opportunity to meet up with like minded people and
      feel less isolated. If all goes well, one day you may
      be able to walk into any town at noon on a Sunday, go
      to the local picnic spot and meet up with a lot of
      folk with ideas for a peaceful future!

      Yes... And
      relax a while too.
      i see a pointless picnic e group for individual cities like the
      freecycle network

      http://www.freecycle.org/

      this concept has far reaching possibilities

      block parties in neighbourhood cul de sacs

      Getting to know our neighbours is so important in this age of the
      fear
      breeding fear – breeding fear spiral.

      Reality check!

      This is a movement that has no vertebrae - because of this it is
      powerful and effective,
      there is no structure other than what YOU are motivated to do.

      It is an idea that is carried in the wind, trusting the process of
      life. Like the oak tree sleeping inside of every acorn, just waiting
      for the environment to be amenable to its awakening.

      Our lifetimes are very short in the face of existence - we will not
      see all the fruits of our actions, but we are witnessing the
      fruits of the seeds planted by those who came before us - relax,
      serve life and trust in the universal wisdom - step back take a ten
      thousand year view and see how quickly we are evolving
      :)

      Quotes by John Harding initiator of "pointless picnics"

      "Yes the picnic idea is still very close to my heart and on
      Sundays if the weather is fine you may find me picnicking somewhere."

      "Hopefully picnics will be worldwide
      and easy to find just by talking to friends."

      "The picnics are also pointless, not in one place and with no
      agenda apart from sharing food in peace. I like pointlessness,
      constantly searching for reasons and solutions is tiresome and
      unrewarding."

      "The idea of having no agenda, no speeches, no fixed meeting
      point, no organisational structure and no money involved does prevent
      this type of event being usurped by political groups with hidden
      agendas, it also keeps things understandable, if someone tells you
      the
      picnic is for any purpose other than sharing ones food in peace they
      do not understand the picnic concept."

      "We need to be constantly monitoring our environment and adopting
      the most
      efficient responses in order to conserve our energies and retain our
      freedom to think."

      "The weekly Sunday picnics could prove to be very
      strong, they provide a method of networking which does
      not rely on technology".

      "People NEED to talk, to discuss, to communicate face to face,
      allow our 'auras' to mix, create new philosophy"

      We don't wear labels Its called the pointless picnic.
      Spread the word!

      Forwarded by :
      viziondanz@...

      "there is nothing wrong with our world,
      we are just having a weird conversation"
      http://www.infinitepossibility.org
      http://www.myspace.com/viziondanz