OT - Greek Food Festival

  • bjdukette
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2007
      Hey ya'll, this is a fun event, thought you should know about it.
      We haven't missed it in years. Let me know if you're planning on
      coming so we can save you a seat at our table! (We'll be there early
      Saturday evening)

      7th Annual Texas Greek Festival

      June 1-2 from 6pm to midnight
      Laguna Gloria
      Austin, TX

      Join thousands of other Central Texans and enjoy authentic Greek
      food, live music, dance shows and ... let the Greek inside you come
      alive!

      Activities include:

      Live Greek music - OPA!
      Live Greek dance show - OPA!
      Authentic Greek food - Gyro, Greek Salad, Souvlaki, Baklava and much
      more
      Greek wine and beer, soft drinks for the kids
      Children activities including clown, face painting, drawing, moonwalk

      Tickets
      $10 at the door, kids 12 and under get in free
      Buy your tickets in advance and save

      Visit the Texas Greek Festival web site for more information and to
      purchase tickets and collectibles.

      Organized by Austin's Greek-American Association
    • Jack Glantzberg
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2007
        It says buy in advance and save, but you didn't include a link!
        Laguna Gloria is a great place. I've been there for their La Dolce
        Vita festival in October a couple of times. I'd love to come. Mark
        me for two chairs. Do we have to wear togas?

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bjdukette"

        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2007
          Never mind! A little too expensive for me right now. From the
          purchasing website:
          "You will need food tickets to purchase food and drinks at the
          festival. Each ticket is $1. Alcoholic drinks sell for $3-$5 each and
          food is between $3 to $8 per item. Food tickets may also be purchased
          at the festival."

          So it's $10 to get in, plus you still have to buy the food and drink.
          Cancel my seats, with rent I just can't afford a pricey night out
          right now.

          <bjdukette@...> wrote:

          > Hey ya'll, this is a fun event, thought you should know about it.
          > We haven't missed it in years. Let me know if you're planning on
          > coming so we can save you a seat at our table! (We'll be there early
          > Saturday evening)
          >
          > 7th Annual Texas Greek Festival
          >
          > June 1-2 from 6pm to midnight
          > Laguna Gloria
          > Austin, TX
          >
          > Join thousands of other Central Texans and enjoy authentic Greek
          > food, live music, dance shows and ... let the Greek inside you come
          > alive!
          >
          > Activities include:
          >
          > Live Greek music - OPA!
          > Live Greek dance show - OPA!
          > Authentic Greek food - Gyro, Greek Salad, Souvlaki, Baklava and much
          > more
          > Greek wine and beer, soft drinks for the kids
          > Children activities including clown, face painting, drawing, moonwalk
          >
          > Tickets
          > $10 at the door, kids 12 and under get in free
          > Buy your tickets in advance and save
          >
          > Visit the Texas Greek Festival web site for more information and to
          > purchase tickets and collectibles.
          >
          > Organized by Austin's Greek-American Association

        • Barbara Dukette
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
            Sorry you  can't make it Jack.  Glad it wasn't the toga requirement that kept you out!
            Tell me when you're free to be my JoJo again!
            Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

            <bjdukette@. ..> wrote:

            > Hey ya'll, this is a fun event, thought you should know about it.
            > We haven't missed it in years. Let me know if you're planning on
            > coming so we can save you a seat at our table! (We'll be there early
            > Saturday evening)
            >
            > 7th Annual Texas Greek Festival
            >
            > June 1-2 from 6pm to midnight
            > Laguna Gloria
            > Austin, TX
            >
            > Join thousands of other Central Texans and enjoy authentic Greek
            > food, live music, dance shows and ... let the Greek inside you come
            > alive!
            >
            > Activities include:
            >
            > Live Greek music - OPA!
            > Live Greek dance show - OPA!
            > Authentic Greek food - Gyro, Greek Salad, Souvlaki, Baklava and much
            > more
            > Greek wine and beer, soft drinks for the kids
            > Children activities including clown, face painting, drawing, moonwalk
            >
            > Tickets
            > $10 at the door, kids 12 and under get in free
            > Buy your tickets in advance and save
            >
            > Visit the Texas Greek Festival web site for more information and to
            > purchase tickets and collectibles.
            >
            > Organized by Austin's Greek-American Association

            in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
            to find your fit.