Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Spare GPSr?

    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2007
      we have an old yellow eTrex....
      and I'll probably be up in G'town tomorrow.... (Wednesday)

      On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:30:25 -0500 Alex Alexander <alex@...> writes:
      Hi

      Has anyone got an old GPSr that I could borrow for a couple of weeks.

      if you have done the Georgetown Micro series, you will know the Only Bar in Georgetown.  Well, that cache has caused a great amount of interest with the patrons of that establishment as from the dark innards of the bar they can see cache hunters on the outside.  At first they though people were looking for a drugs stash, but now most of them know about geocaching and are quite interested,

      One person in particular has signed up on the GC site and is finding caches without a GPS, just using Google Earth and the hints supplied on the cache page.  She's a lovely girl but in a very low paid job and I can't see her affording even a used unit for some time. When I spoke to her yesterday she had a fist full of index cards with rough locations and hand drawn maps.  That's enthusiasm if I ever  saw it.

      I'd like to take her out one afternoon next week and let her at finding caches WITH a GPSr but i recently sold my only spare unit.  so does anyone have an old yellow etrex or something like that I could borrow for a few days?

      alex - Slytherin (&Earl)

      Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it. --Soren Kierkegaard