Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Hey, Stratman, you know this guy?

    Message 1 of 5 , May 18, 2007
      Yeah, but, WOW! Go, Doc!

      On Fri, 18 May 2007 16:50:03 -0700 (PDT) Doc <bcwatson@...> writes:
      Actually, Bas-Drop (my  very first geocache) has been archived as it was probably destroyed by a controlled burn of the underbrush.  And all this month (and the last two)
      I will be/have been very busy in a benchmark hunting contest.  I was in first place point-wise for a short time and am now almost tied I think.  Going out tomorrow, Gonzales area (no more to find within an hour's drive), to do another full day.  I have now found over 400 benchmarks...

      I will be very glad when this month is over...  gas is getting too expensive....

      Barry
      aka Doc Geo

      StratmanAndTheHoot@... wrote:
      Yeah yeah yeah... Just keeeeeeeep it up....  I have a little something for you....  Wait until you see my next SNOT cache...  We'll see who's laughing then :D

      Actually, I would have thought that guy was me but I never have had the patience to slow-roast a marshmallow (or wiener).  I just poke it in the fire (talking about the marshmallow here...) and let it go up in flames and blow it out (if necessary) to prevent it from burning up the stick!  I think they melt the chocolate (on the SMORE) better when they are  black and bubbly!

      Gonna do that next week-end, by the way, in Bass Drop State Park :D  Goin' campin' in the tent for four days and living on fish we catch or coconuts / bananas we pick.  I guess if we get too hungry we can always barge in on Doc Geo :)

      Curtis / Stratman