RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] WANTED: To borrow, MapSource Trip & Waypoint Manager CD for Garmin GPSmap 76CSx

  • StratmanAndTheHoot@suddenlink.net
    Message 1 of 9 , May 3, 2007
      Message
      Mina,

      I have two 76CS/76CSx and have the software you are looking for.  I don't think that is what you need though (but you can have it if you want it). Candy (Moosiegirl) suggested GSAK already (I and everyone else around here would agree with her), but you also want the map software.  I think it is called City Select and I think the latest version is 8.0.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I loaned my DVD to someone.  You can get that disk for free from Garmin, but then you have to pay to get the maps turned on so they can go into the unit.

      Curtis / Stratman

      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2007
        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com,
        <StratmanAndTheHoot@...> wrote:

        > Mina,
        For that model she would want City Navigator:
        http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/citynav.jsp
        Brent

        > I have two 76CS/76CSx and have the software you are looking for. I
        don't
        > think that is what you need though (but you can have it if you want
        it).
        > Candy (Moosiegirl) suggested GSAK already (I and everyone else
        around here
        > would agree with her), but you also want the map software. I think
        it is
        > called City Select and I think the latest version is 8.0. Someone
        correct
        > me if I'm wrong as I loaned my DVD to someone. You can get that
        disk for
        > free from Garmin, but then you have to pay to get the maps turned
        on so they
        > can go into the unit.
        >
        > Curtis / Stratman

      • Candy Lind
        Message 3 of 9 , May 3, 2007
          Guys, I don't think Mina indicated anything about wanting street maps. She just needs to get started! Mina, LATER you will want to investigate buying the street mapping software because the unit you bought has some AWESOME auto-routing capabilities.

          In the meantime, would you like to go out and just get started learning how to set a waypoint and "go to" it? How about an easy geocache or two? Give me a call. I'm the "geocaching hotline" in this area, so everyone has my number and I don't mind publishing it. It's FIVE ONE TWO - SIX THREE TWO - SIX TWO ZERO SIX.

          I live near 620 and 183. I'll be happy to meet you somewhere (near YOUR home if that's easier) to do a geocache or two. Let me know if you are interested!

          Candy
          moosiegirl
        • Loomis-Norris
          Message 4 of 9 , May 7, 2007
            Thanks sooo much to Candy who actually came by and showed me how to
            find geocaches, and some things about the GPS unit! She is wonderful!

            Mina

            Message 5 of 9 , May 7, 2007
              Yup, she certainly is!

              BarbJ/Tygress

              On Mon, 07 May 2007 14:29:42 -0000 "Loomis-Norris"
              <mkloomis@...> writes:
              > Thanks sooo much to Candy who actually came by and showed me how to
              > find geocaches, and some things about the GPS unit! She is
              > wonderful!
              >
              > Mina
              >
              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind"
              > <candylind@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Guys, I don't think Mina indicated anything about wanting street
              > maps.
              > > She just needs to get started! Mina, LATER you will want to
              > investigate
              > > buying the street mapping software because the unit you bought has
              > some
              > > AWESOME auto-routing capabilities.
              > >
              > > In the meantime, would you like to go out and just get started
              > learning
              > > how to set a waypoint and "go to" it? How about an easy geocache
              > or two?
              > > Give me a call. I'm the "geocaching hotline" in this area, so
              > everyone
              > > has my number and I don't mind publishing it. It's FIVE ONE TWO -
              > SIX
              > > THREE TWO - SIX TWO ZERO SIX.
              > >
              > > I live near 620 and 183. I'll be happy to meet you somewhere (near
              > YOUR
              > > home if that's easier) to do a geocache or two. Let me know if you
              > are
              > > interested!
              > >
              > > Candy
              > > moosiegirl

              I don't want to be famous. I want to be great. --Ray Charles