Garmin Service Follow-up

  • semperquestio
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2007
      Well, after getting my replacement gizmo, I had questions about how it
      affected my unlock codes and warranty. So I called Garmin on it and
      here's the skinny if you find yourself in a similar situation....

      Warranty - The replacement item (device,parts, repairs, etc.) are
      warranted for 90 days or the remainder of your original warranty,
      whichever is longest.

      Unlock Codes - When you get your replacement device you should call
      Garmin at 1-800-800-1020 and have them remove your old device from
      your unlock records and give you a new unlock code for your new
      device. This will preserve your 2nd code if you get a new device. I
      did not do this, but it was still no trouble. I got a 2nd unlock code
      last night. When I called them today, they were able to straighten it
      all out.

      Total time on phone today - 2 menus, 2 minutes, no waiting!

      Garmin service ROCKS!