OH! THE HUMANITY!!!!!

  • semperquestio
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 13, 2007
      My Garmin 60CSx just died, I have to send it in for repair/replace,
      and I have to use my old SporTrak Topo until I get it back! I'm so
      spoiled to my "x" I don't know if I can use my ol' Maggie any more!

      But hey! At least I had a backup on hand even if the battery
      cartridge will fall out all by itself! Let the streak continue!

      Wait a minute - maybe Curtis will let me borrow HIS new toy! ;)

      OK...I feel a LITTLE better now.
    • amishangel
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 13, 2007
        Just a question on symptoms of your CSx's demise. The What when why and how type questions.  Did Garmin ask for a DNA sample or were they cognizant of reason. Let us know how such a warrenty repair plays out.

        Team Amishangel

      • StratmanAndTheHoot@suddenlink.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 14, 2007
          Message
          Just sign my name in the logs you find and you can borrow it any time.  That always worked for MCP and me.  I find caches and sign her name since I'm using something of hers (her pen, etc.). The main problem is that I ALWAYS forget to write my own name in the log.  DOH!

          Curtis / Stratman

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 14, 2007
            Yeah, it's still under warranty. I called them, was on hold for all
            of 30 seconds MAYBE. The guy had me try a couple things and gave me
            an RMA number and address to m,ail it to. Said it'd be 7 to 10 days
            from the day they got it. No hassle at all - so far.

            Magellan on the other hand... I've tried contacting them on the
            busted battery compartment by several means over several months and
            I've never been able to get through to them and they've never answered
            an email or replied to a message.

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "amishangel"

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 14, 2007
              We've a spare vista if you're desperate.

              On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 00:04:06 -0000 "semperquestio" <sq@...> writes:
              > My Garmin 60CSx just died, I have to send it in for repair/replace,
              > and I have to use my old SporTrak Topo until I get it back! I'm so
              > spoiled to my "x" I don't know if I can use my ol' Maggie any more!
              >
              > But hey! At least I had a backup on hand even if the battery
              > cartridge will fall out all by itself! Let the streak continue!
              >
              > Wait a minute - maybe Curtis will let me borrow HIS new toy! ;)
              >
              > OK...I feel a LITTLE better now.

              I'm not late. Everyone else is WAY too on time. --Hallmark Coffee Cup
              @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
              Ask Dad. He knows -- and on the off chance he doesn't, he'll make up
              something pretty good. --Hallmark Coffee Cup
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 14, 2007
                When the cedar and oak slam-dunked Russ' Vista, all Garmin did was an RMA, we paid shipping, and they swapped units out.
                No explanation of symptoms, just that they were fixed by "changing the serial number" lol

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 14, 2007
                  duct tape and rubber bands....

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 14, 2007

                    I can't answer for Semperquestio but when a cedar tree ripped my Vista out of my hand and flung it across the clearing, it ended up with "the Screen of Death".  I sent it back to Garmin and shortly recieved a package with a different Vista and paperwork the read roughly as follows: "Changed device's serial number and tested.  No problems detected.  Device returned to owner."  ie, they gave me a newly refurbished one that met all specifications.  Fast and efficient.  Garmin Customer Service rocks! <G>

                    Russ the waterweasel