Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] New All Time High

  • Bob Chernow
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 3, 2007
      Where do you find the time! Congrats!!!!! You da Woman!

      A Allen (SEMIK) wrote:

      I don't know if there was some announcement already planned but I
      happened to look at the Pobah List -- I *swear* I haven't looked at it
      in a week! :D

      A-n-y-w-a-y! I noticed that Texas' leader in Geocache Finds, Mrs.
      Captian Picard, has surpassed her 8000th find!! I know you ain't
      stopping anytime soon, Julie! But congrats on the achievement --
      let's celebrate!!

      Semik and mda_taz
      Audra and Matthew

    • acclanman
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 3, 2007
        Wow! I can only dream....

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "A Allen (SEMIK)"
        <al_allen327@...> wrote:

        > I don't know if there was some announcement already planned but I
        > happened to look at the Pobah List -- I *swear* I haven't looked at
        it
        > in a week! :D
        >
        > A-n-y-w-a-y! I noticed that Texas' leader in Geocache Finds, Mrs.
        > Captian Picard, has surpassed her 8000th find!! I know you ain't
        > stopping anytime soon, Julie! But congrats on the achievement --
        > let's celebrate!!
        >
        > Semik and mda_taz
        > Audra and Matthew

      • Julie Perrine
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 3, 2007
          Thanks, everybody!  It's been a blast!

          Raise your hand if you would come if I threw a blow out party for my 10,000th find.  I'm thinking of doing something on a statewide scale, but I haven't quite got the right idea yet.  But it will come to me, I'm sure!
          Cheers,

          On 4/3/07, Peter M. Maurer <geochat@...> wrote:

          Congrats Julie! Good show!

          --Pete Maurer (DrHogg)

          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 3, 2007
            Well that's for sure! 10K! If I'm in the zipcode, I'll be there. Maybe even with bells on. You never know!

            Lessee. That'll be about next September?

            At 10:06 AM 4/3/2007, you wrote:

            I don't know if there was some announcement already planned but I
            happened to look at the Pobah List -- I *swear* I haven't looked at it
            in a week! :D

            A-n-y-w-a-y! I noticed that Texas' leader in Geocache Finds, Mrs.
            Captian Picard, has surpassed her 8000th find!! I know you ain't
            stopping anytime soon, Julie! But congrats on the achievement --
            let's celebrate!!

            Semik and mda_taz
            Audra and Matthew

            @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
            Wherever you go, go with all your heart. --Confucius
          • Janet Christian
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 3, 2007
              I bow to your achievement. Wow!!! I'm schlogging along with my pittance of finds. I'd absolutely celebrate your 10K!!

              Janet

              (SharkAndMermaid)

              On Apr 3, 2007, at 9:50 PM, Julie Perrine wrote:

              Thanks, everybody!  It's been a blast!

              Raise your hand if you would come if I threw a blow out party for my 10,000th find.  I'm thinking of doing something on a statewide scale, but I haven't quite got the right idea yet.  But it will come to me, I'm sure!
              Cheers,

              On 4/3/07, Peter M. Maurer <geochat@petermaurer.com> wrote:

              Congrats Julie! Good show!

              --Pete Maurer (DrHogg)

              At 10:06 AM 4/3/2007, you wrote:

              I don't know if there was some announcement already planned but I
              happened to look at the Pobah List -- I *swear* I haven't looked at it
              in a week! :D

              A-n-y-w-a-y! I noticed that Texas' leader in Geocache Finds, Mrs.
              Captian Picard, has surpassed her 8000th find!! I know you ain't
              stopping anytime soon, Julie! But congrats on the achievement --
              let's celebrate!!

              Semik and mda_taz
              Audra and Matthew

            • A Allen (SEMIK)
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                Two hands raised from mda_taz and semik -- we'll even help you pull
                it off if you want to do a statewide bash.

                Audra and Matthew
                semik and mda_taz

                <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

                > Thanks, everybody! It's been a blast!
                >
                > Raise your hand if you would come if I threw a blow out party for my
                > 10,000th find. I'm thinking of doing something on a statewide
                scale, but I
                > haven't quite got the right idea yet. But it will come to me, I'm
                sure!
                > Cheers,
                > Julie
                > Mrs. Captain Picard
                >

                > On 4/3/07, Peter M. Maurer <geochat@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Congrats Julie! Good show!
                > >
                > > --Pete Maurer (DrHogg)
                > >
                > > At 10:06 AM 4/3/2007, you wrote:
                > >
                > > I don't know if there was some announcement already planned but I
                > > happened to look at the Pobah List -- I *swear* I haven't looked
                at it
                > > in a week! :D
                > >
                > > A-n-y-w-a-y! I noticed that Texas' leader in Geocache Finds, Mrs.
                > > Captian Picard, has surpassed her 8000th find!! I know you ain't
                > > stopping anytime soon, Julie! But congrats on the achievement --
                > > let's celebrate!!
                > >
                > > Semik and mda_taz
                > > Audra and Matthew

              • Doc
                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                  (Doc Geo and Wife raise 4 hands...)
                  We'l need a large enough venue for all the people who will come to your
                  10,000 event.  Do you think Zilker park will be big enough?

                  Barry
                  aka Doc Geo

                  At 10:06 AM 4/3/2007, you wrote:

                  I don't know if there was some announcement already planned but I
                  happened to look at the Pobah List -- I *swear* I haven't looked at it
                  in a week! :D

                  A-n-y-w-a-y! I noticed that Texas' leader in Geocache Finds, Mrs.
                  Captian Picard, has surpassed her 8000th find!! I know you ain't
                  stopping anytime soon, Julie! But congrats on the achievement --
                  let's celebrate!!

                  Semik and mda_taz
                  Audra and Matthew

                  TV dinner still cooling?

                • Don Robertson
                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                    If Julie slows down a bit we might be back for the bash if its in late
                    Oct. or Nov.

                    --
                    Don Robertson - Shellback & Thistledown
                    Wandering America's backroads.
                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                      Julie's caching rate is logarithmic, not arithmetic like most people (or subtractive like I seem to be lately), so she will probably hit 10K in July. By November, who knows how many she will have! Let me add my congrats to the chorus.
                      Mary Beth
                      (emmy-n-sapphie)

                      A Allen (SEMIK) wrote:

                      > Two hands raised from
                      mda_taz and semik -- we'll even help you pull
                      > it off if you want to do
                      a statewide bash.

                      >> Raise your hand if you would
                      come if I threw a blow out party for my
                      >> 10,000th find.

                      Julie

                      --
                      Don Robertson - Shellback & Thistledown
                      Wandering America's backroads.
                      Currently located at:Alamogordo, NM
                      On the road to South Dakota via TX, NM, AZ, UT, & WY
                      mailto:dlmrobertson@ att.net

                    • Don Robertson
                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                        How about that little green patch of grass with the white stripes and
                        seats all around on the UT campus?

                        --
                        Don Robertson - Shellback
                        Wandering America's backroads.
                        Currently located at:
                        On the road to South Dakota via TX, NM, AZ, UT, & WY
                        mailto:dlmrobertson@...
                      • bjdukette
                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                          Congratulations Julie!!!!!

                          You set the standards for us all. But might you be using an unfair
                          advantage (such as transporter, time warp and/or the power of Q) to
                          further you in your quest to explore caches?

                          Be sure and count me in on your celebration party!!

                          Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)
                        • Nick Silkey
                          Message 12 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                            On 4/4/07, Don Robertson <dlmrobertson@...> wrote:
                            > How about that little green patch of grass with the white stripes and
                            > seats all around on the UT campus?

                            Tsk, tsk. Julie is indeed a caching badass, but VY she is not! ;)
                          • Criselda Miller
                            Message 13 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                              Actually Julie if You could speed it up I might get to go to the party, May Please!!
                              8000!! Crazy!!

                              bjdukette <bjdukette@...> wrote:
                              Congratulations Julie!!!!!

                              You set the standards for us all. But might you be using an unfair
                              advantage (such as transporter, time warp and/or the power of Q) to
                              further you in your quest to explore caches?

                              Be sure and count me in on your celebration party!!

                              Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

                              always stay connected to friends.