Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] New All Time High

  • Peter M. Maurer
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 3, 2007
      Congrats Julie! Good show!

      --Pete Maurer (DrHogg)

      At 10:06 AM 4/3/2007, you wrote:

      I don't know if there was some announcement already planned but I
      happened to look at the Pobah List -- I *swear* I haven't looked at it
      in a week! :D

      A-n-y-w-a-y! I noticed that Texas' leader in Geocache Finds, Mrs.
      Captian Picard, has surpassed her 8000th find!! I know you ain't
      stopping anytime soon, Julie! But congrats on the achievement --
      let's celebrate!!

      Semik and mda_taz
      Audra and Matthew

    • Bob Chernow

        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 3, 2007
          Wow! I can only dream....

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "A Allen (SEMIK)"
          <al_allen327@...> wrote:

          > I don't know if there was some announcement already planned but I
          > happened to look at the Pobah List -- I *swear* I haven't looked at
          it
          > in a week! :D
          >
          > A-n-y-w-a-y! I noticed that Texas' leader in Geocache Finds, Mrs.
          > Captian Picard, has surpassed her 8000th find!! I know you ain't
          > stopping anytime soon, Julie! But congrats on the achievement --
          > let's celebrate!!
          >
          > Semik and mda_taz
          > Audra and Matthew

        • Julie Perrine
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 3, 2007
            Thanks, everybody!  It's been a blast!

            Raise your hand if you would come if I threw a blow out party for my 10,000th find.  I'm thinking of doing something on a statewide scale, but I haven't quite got the right idea yet.  But it will come to me, I'm sure!
            Cheers,

            On 4/3/07, Peter M. Maurer <geochat@...> wrote:

            Congrats Julie! Good show!

            --Pete Maurer (DrHogg)

            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 3, 2007
              Well that's for sure! 10K! If I'm in the zipcode, I'll be there. Maybe even with bells on. You never know!

              Lessee. That'll be about next September?

              At 10:06 AM 4/3/2007, you wrote:

              I don't know if there was some announcement already planned but I
              happened to look at the Pobah List -- I *swear* I haven't looked at it
              in a week! :D

              A-n-y-w-a-y! I noticed that Texas' leader in Geocache Finds, Mrs.
              Captian Picard, has surpassed her 8000th find!! I know you ain't
              stopping anytime soon, Julie! But congrats on the achievement --
              let's celebrate!!

              Semik and mda_taz
              Audra and Matthew

              @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
              Wherever you go, go with all your heart. --Confucius
            • Janet Christian
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 3, 2007
                I bow to your achievement. Wow!!! I'm schlogging along with my pittance of finds. I'd absolutely celebrate your 10K!!

                Janet

                (SharkAndMermaid)

                On Apr 3, 2007, at 9:50 PM, Julie Perrine wrote:

                Thanks, everybody!  It's been a blast!

                Raise your hand if you would come if I threw a blow out party for my 10,000th find.  I'm thinking of doing something on a statewide scale, but I haven't quite got the right idea yet.  But it will come to me, I'm sure!
                Cheers,

                On 4/3/07, Peter M. Maurer <geochat@petermaurer.com> wrote:

                Congrats Julie! Good show!

                --Pete Maurer (DrHogg)

                At 10:06 AM 4/3/2007, you wrote:

                I don't know if there was some announcement already planned but I
                happened to look at the Pobah List -- I *swear* I haven't looked at it
                in a week! :D

                A-n-y-w-a-y! I noticed that Texas' leader in Geocache Finds, Mrs.
                Captian Picard, has surpassed her 8000th find!! I know you ain't
                stopping anytime soon, Julie! But congrats on the achievement --
                let's celebrate!!

                Semik and mda_taz
                Audra and Matthew

              • A Allen (SEMIK)
                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                  Two hands raised from mda_taz and semik -- we'll even help you pull
                  it off if you want to do a statewide bash.

                  Audra and Matthew
                  semik and mda_taz

                  <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks, everybody! It's been a blast!
                  >
                  > Raise your hand if you would come if I threw a blow out party for my
                  > 10,000th find. I'm thinking of doing something on a statewide
                  scale, but I
                  > haven't quite got the right idea yet. But it will come to me, I'm
                  sure!
                  > Cheers,
                  > Julie
                  > Mrs. Captain Picard
                  >

                  > On 4/3/07, Peter M. Maurer <geochat@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Congrats Julie! Good show!
                  > >
                  > > --Pete Maurer (DrHogg)
                  > >
                  > > At 10:06 AM 4/3/2007, you wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I don't know if there was some announcement already planned but I
                  > > happened to look at the Pobah List -- I *swear* I haven't looked
                  at it
                  > > in a week! :D
                  > >
                  > > A-n-y-w-a-y! I noticed that Texas' leader in Geocache Finds, Mrs.
                  > > Captian Picard, has surpassed her 8000th find!! I know you ain't
                  > > stopping anytime soon, Julie! But congrats on the achievement --
                  > > let's celebrate!!
                  > >
                  > > Semik and mda_taz
                  > > Audra and Matthew

                • Doc
                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                    (Doc Geo and Wife raise 4 hands...)
                    We'l need a large enough venue for all the people who will come to your
                    10,000 event.  Do you think Zilker park will be big enough?

                    Barry
                    aka Doc Geo

                    At 10:06 AM 4/3/2007, you wrote:

                    I don't know if there was some announcement already planned but I
                    happened to look at the Pobah List -- I *swear* I haven't looked at it
                    in a week! :D

                    A-n-y-w-a-y! I noticed that Texas' leader in Geocache Finds, Mrs.
                    Captian Picard, has surpassed her 8000th find!! I know you ain't
                    stopping anytime soon, Julie! But congrats on the achievement --
                    let's celebrate!!

                    Semik and mda_taz
                    Audra and Matthew

                    TV dinner still cooling?

                  • Don Robertson
                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                      If Julie slows down a bit we might be back for the bash if its in late
                      Oct. or Nov.

                      --
                      Don Robertson - Shellback & Thistledown
                      Wandering America's backroads.
                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                        Julie's caching rate is logarithmic, not arithmetic like most people (or subtractive like I seem to be lately), so she will probably hit 10K in July. By November, who knows how many she will have! Let me add my congrats to the chorus.
                        Mary Beth
                        (emmy-n-sapphie)

                        A Allen (SEMIK) wrote:

                        > Two hands raised from
                        mda_taz and semik -- we'll even help you pull
                        > it off if you want to do
                        a statewide bash.

                        >> Raise your hand if you would
                        come if I threw a blow out party for my
                        >> 10,000th find.

                        Julie

                        --
                        Don Robertson - Shellback & Thistledown
                        Wandering America's backroads.
                        Currently located at:Alamogordo, NM
                        On the road to South Dakota via TX, NM, AZ, UT, & WY
                        mailto:dlmrobertson@ att.net

                      • Don Robertson
                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                          How about that little green patch of grass with the white stripes and
                          seats all around on the UT campus?

                          --
                          Don Robertson - Shellback
                          Wandering America's backroads.
                          Currently located at:
                          On the road to South Dakota via TX, NM, AZ, UT, & WY
                          mailto:dlmrobertson@...
                        • bjdukette
                          Message 12 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                            Congratulations Julie!!!!!

                            You set the standards for us all. But might you be using an unfair
                            advantage (such as transporter, time warp and/or the power of Q) to
                            further you in your quest to explore caches?

                            Be sure and count me in on your celebration party!!

                            Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)
                          • Nick Silkey
                            Message 13 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                              On 4/4/07, Don Robertson <dlmrobertson@...> wrote:
                              > How about that little green patch of grass with the white stripes and
                              > seats all around on the UT campus?

                              Tsk, tsk. Julie is indeed a caching badass, but VY she is not! ;)
                            • Criselda Miller
                              Message 14 of 22 , Apr 4, 2007
                                Actually Julie if You could speed it up I might get to go to the party, May Please!!
                                8000!! Crazy!!

                                bjdukette <bjdukette@...> wrote:
                                Congratulations Julie!!!!!

                                You set the standards for us all. But might you be using an unfair
                                advantage (such as transporter, time warp and/or the power of Q) to
                                further you in your quest to explore caches?

                                Be sure and count me in on your celebration party!!

                                Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

                                always stay connected to friends.