Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Possible Upcoming Event

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 2, 2007
      I think that the "junk" that no one wants should (or could) be made into cache containers...

      One person's junk is another person's cache....   ;-)

      Barry
      aka Doc Geo

      Bob Chernow <bobchernow@...> wrote:
      Friends,

      It looks as though my farewell to Texas is coming sooner than expected.
      As it stands now I will be packed on the 20th and loaded (I wish) on the
      21st. I will still make the Farewell event. I will be then driving to NC
      to close on the 26th. So what about this upcoming event idea. Well I
      HATE garage sales but we have so much stuff (nice word for junk) that we
      cannot take. Some of it is very saleable and some of it really is junk.
      I am thinking of moving it all to one side of the garage here and having
      the movers leave it. I am going to SF for the first week in May and
      will be back around the 11th. So I am thinking of an event at my rental
      here in Kyle for Sunday the 13th of May. I will provide the Pizza and
      softdrinks and will offer for sale at VERY reasonable prices all that I
      have left. Whatever does not sell will be junked on that Monday so just
      make me a decent offer.

      Now, what does that have to do with caching. Not much. But I will also
      be offering all of my Texas caches up for adoption. So, what say you.
      Should I have the "bobchernow' s Cache Adoption, Final Send Off, and
      Garage Sale Event."????? ??

      Bob.

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

    • Nick Silkey
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 2, 2007
        On 4/2/07, Doc <bcwatson@...> wrote:
        > One person's junk is another person's cache.... ;-)

        Or swag. I used to put our poorly-populated containers, but not
        anymore. Since cleaning my garage, I have enough swag to choke TBI!
        And it keeps coming (I keep finding more)!
      • Mary Beth Booth
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 3, 2007
          Bobchernow,
          "Garage Sale" are the magic words for Pat. A smiley & pizza will do it for me. So bring it on. Since my Mom is 3000 miles away & Pat's Mom is much further away (on the other side), having an event on Mother's Day is not a problem for us, but it may be for a lot of other cachers.
          Sorry you will be leaving us so soon.
          Mary Beth

            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 3, 2007

              Good luck with the move.  We hate to see you go but are resigned.

              Russ the waterweasel

              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 3, 2007
                On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 22:07:21 -0500 Bob Chernow <bobchernow@...>
                writes:
                > Friends,
                >
                > It looks as though my farewell to Texas is coming sooner than
                > expected.
                > As it stands now I will be packed on the 20th and loaded (I wish) on
                > the
                > 21st. I will still make the Farewell event. I will be then driving

                AUGH!!! No! No!
                =sniffle=

                > to NC
                > to close on the 26th. So what about this upcoming event idea. Well I
                > HATE garage sales but we have so much stuff (nice word for junk)
                > that we
                > cannot take. Some of it is very saleable and some of it really is
                > junk.
                > I am thinking of moving it all to one side of the garage here and
                > having the movers leave it.

                The owners will be SO thrilled.

                > I am going to SF for the first week in May and
                > will be back around the 11th. So I am thinking of an event at my
                > rental
                > here in Kyle for Sunday the 13th of May. I will provide the Pizza
                > and
                > softdrinks and will offer for sale at VERY reasonable prices all
                > that I
                > have left. Whatever does not sell will be junked on that Monday so
                > just make me a decent offer.
                >
                > Now, what does that have to do with caching. Not much. But I will
                > also
                > be offering all of my Texas caches up for adoption. So, what say
                > you.
                > Should I have the "bobchernow's Cache Adoption, Final Send Off, and
                > Garage Sale Event."???????

                Sounds good!
                Book it, Danno!

                Wherever you go, go with all your heart. --Confucius
              • Doc

[...]

                  Get your own web address.