CITO event postponed :(

  • Kevin Mefford
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2007
      Evidently "rain or shine" doesn't include projects near creeks and
      flash floods....the event has been postponed!!

      The notice:

      Clean Sweep 2007 has 3,700 volunteers scheduled to participate at 100
      different sites around Austin. 75% of the sites are in or near Austin
      creeks. Due to severe weather and a very high chance of flash flooding
      it will not be safe for volunteers to work in or near Austin waterways
      tomorrow. Keep Austin Beautiful events are typically rain or shine,
      however our volunteers' safety is our top priority.

      Clean Sweep cleanups and the Volunteer Party will be moved to a new
      date. Coordinators may keep cleanup supplies and volunteer t-shirts
      for their sites to use at this later date. If you can not reschedule
      your cleanup for the new date we will work with you to ensure that
      your project is still completed. All volunteers will be invited to
      the re-scheduled Clean Sweep Volunteer Party regardless of when their
      cleanup takes place.

      Thanks for your understanding and your commitment to keeping Austin
      beautiful.