Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] CITO EVENT!

  • Kevin (KoosKoos)
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2007
      Why thank you Mrs. Captain Picard for the quick ad there!!!  I've been out of town for the last week or I would have stayed on top of this better.

      Due to some missteps by me, I can't PROMISE we'll have enough wristbands to go around...so if you really want to go to the after-party (and not just come pick up the neato-CITO icon), get there early as they're going to be given out first-come, first-serve.  I'm not in charge of the wristbands...just relaying the message.  I can promise you a pair of wonderful latex gloves and as many trashbags as you can fill!!!!  What a deal is THAT????

      I would love to have as many people as possible come out because as Julie said, this is a great thank you to the city for their cache-friendly attitude in the parks and it makes a great impression to show how many geocachers are willing to pitch in and volunteer to help maintain the parks.

      If you're not aware, the Slaughter Creek Improvement and Planning Association (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCIAPA/) is trying to work out improved hiking trails and eventually facilities in this lovely little greenbelt.  They're the ones hosting this event along with Keep Austin Beautiful, so I hope to see you there and lending a hand!!!

      And hey, if you can't score a wristband, I'm willing to bet that at least one group of caches would be willing to hang out with you and find some cool South Austin caches while you're here!

      Kevin
      KoosKoos

      On 3/28/07, Julie Perrine <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

      Hey Gang,
      Koos Koos has put together a CITO event for this Saturday in the Slaughter Creek Greenbelt.  The GC number is GC111MP, and you need to sign up Kevin can submit the number of wristbands he needs.  A wristband will get you into the volunteer party being held downtown after the trash pick up.

      Why should you come?

      It's a unique icon for CITO events!  Have you got it?
      We won't have to look at all that trash when we cache next time!
      There's a party!
      It's a way to pay back the City of Austin for letting us cache in their parks without seeking permission.
      They'll probably give you FREE latex gloves!
      You'll feel good about it after it's done!

      Post your attendance on the page so you'll get a wristband for the party!