Re: SEMIK's Challenge is Accepted

  • A Allen (SEMIK)
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2007
      Fantastic!! There's really no reason Texas shouldn't have 1000
      cachers with 200 or more finds. If you're really within striking
      distance consider pushing on to get your 200th before December 31,
      2007. Currently there are 832 ranks (840 distinct cacher aliases)
      in Texas showing up on the Grand High Pobah's List.

      For reference: http://www.cacherstats.com

      Be careful to cache in your own individualized way -- don't jump to
      PNGs if you don't enjoy them. The object is to show the world that
      Texans like geocaching!

      Here's where Texas stands among other states:
      STATE # of RANKS
      -------------- ------------
      California 1960
      Texas 832 <=====
      Washington 809
      Pennsylvania 583
      Florida 582
      Ohio 513
      Oregon 505
      Michigan 500
      New York 477
      Utah 415
      (remaining states have less than 400 ranks)

      Don't forget to post a note here when you reach your goal! We'd
      like to congratulate you when you make the "Who's Who" list!

      Maybe next year we can surpass California ;-P

      Let's see how we do as a state and maybe an event will be merited to
      celebrate the achievment....

      --Audra (semik)

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Kyle" <aztrofan@...>
      wrote:

      > During the Geocaching 101 portion of GeekFest, SEMIK challenged the
      > newer cachers to hit 200 finds this year.
      >
      > I accept the challenge! I am sitting at 109 right now and based
      on my
      > current find rate I should hit the mark between June and July. I
      will
      > push myself to pull it in to May 31, but that will require a little
      > more than 1 find per day. Any suggestions for dense cache
      populations
      > in South Austin (besides Slaughter Metro Park and Dick Nichols) is
      > greatly appreciated!
      >
      > Wish me luck!
      >
      > Kyle
      > HortonK @ GC.com

    • A Allen (SEMIK)
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2007
        mda_taz and I invite you to come geocaching out our way (Manor, TX) -
        - stop in during the Goose series. Counting several of the geese
        there's 151 geocaches within 10 miles of my cache: What's Eating
        Manor, TX (GCTG8N). Several are located inside of park boundaries
        if you prefer that sort of hide over PNGs. Who knows, there may be
        more out before you make it over here!

        Audra and Matthew
        semik and mda_taz