RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Camping Event!

  • Sonja Michelle Thomas
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 4 12:23 PM
      Ok, I got site 22 for Fri and Sat night. Now all I need is to scare up the tent.  ;-)

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 4 5:48 PM
        Wowser! I've never been to a geocaching or camping event like the
        ones they're describing in the UK!

        I have a reservation for site #9 (#9, #9) for the weekend. I'm not
        even sure that I can actually call it 'camping' anymore as we just
        bought a travel trailer and will be using that but....anyway. I'll
        be there and Julie has asked me to host breakfast on Sunday morning
        so I'll be doing that too - details to come later.

        Alyson/gtbevo

        PS - I've always been a Kirk fan myself.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
        <alex@...> wrote:

        > At 07:27 AM 3/2/2007, MCP wrote:
        >

        > >Gang,
        > >I just posted a camping event for March 24/25 at Dana Peak Park on
        > >Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton. The link is
        > >
        > ><http://tinyurl.com/2r2xtc>http://tinyurl.com/2r2xtc
        > >
        > >Personally, I'm going to the Copperas Cove event the same day and
        > >decided to camp in the area to make a weekend out of it. Then I
        > >decided to invite all my friends to join me!
        > >
        > >It's officially called Beat the Chiggers! and it's my hope we can
        do
        > >a bunch of those lake hikers before chigger season starts!
        > >
        > >We'll have a marshmallow roast or night caching on Saturday night
        > >and then a community breakfast before we take off on the trails.
        > >
        > >Reserve your campsite early as they only have 18 sites!
        > >
        > >I can share my site until its full.
        > >
        > >Hope to see you there!
        > >
        > >Julie
        > >Mrs. Captain Picard
        >

        > Is this going to be a British style camping event or just one of
        the
        > regular Texas style ones?
        >
        > http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=154870
        >
        > a.

      • Sonja Michelle Thomas
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 19 1:51 PM

          It’s looking like I’m not going to be able to make it this weekend.

          <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

          > Gang,
          > I just posted a camping event for March 24/25 at Dana Peak
          Park on
          > Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton. The link is
          >
          > *http://tinyurl.com/2r2xtc*
          >
          > Personally, I'm going to the Copperas Cove event the same
          day and
          decided to
          > camp in the area to make a weekend out of it. Then I decided
          invite all